I have a pretty messy kitchen (was out of town) and have a lot of flies. I left flypaper and it caught a lot (20-30) but there are at least 10 more flying around. I cleaned everything, but they must be breeding because I can leave flypaper to catch them and it will, and then they come back in force. How to find where they are breeding?
XxVCowxX XxVCowxX 26-30, M 12 Answers Aug 10, 2009

close the window......

Best Answer

Well, the fly tape works good, just keep it up until they all get stuck. <br />
Clean your house. That is the most important thing. Clean the house and keep it clean. Get all the trash out, NOW! Wash every single dish, and clean food out of the drain. Don't open windows unless they have screens. Don't let people run in and out of the house. Keep doors closed.<br />
Take a plastic cup, and (like Ascended said) add 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup of water, two tbsp. of dish soap, and two tbsp. of sugar, Then tape a la<x>yer of saran wrap over the top and poke a hole big enough for them to crawl in. That makes a trap that they can't find their way out of.

Best Answer

They lay eggs in food left lying around so their offspring will have a handy meal. You probably have some open food garbage somewhere that is keeping them around. Sprays and such are only going to get rid of the ones flying around, not the eggs/maggots. Really CLEAN your kitchen and get rid of whatever food is out there and inviting them to set up shop.

Best Answer

SWAT!!!!

Best Answer

Get a bowl and put sugar in it then add water to it. the sweet will attract the flies and the water will drown them.

Best Answer

I just had this problem with some big nasty flies. I bought Raid Fly killer spray and had the fly paper and between the 2 of them it was over in 24 hours. If you have stuffr like skin left on a chicken or things that can tend to rot eaily, I put them in a plastic bag and freeze them until trash day.

Best Answer

I'm not sure about flies but for gnats you take a small glass and fill it up about 1/2 way with apple cider vinegar. Then put in like a table spoon of sugar and two or three drops of dish soap and stir gently. The gnats are attracted to the mixture and when they get in the liquid are trapped by the dish soap.<br />
It may work for flies too.

Best Answer

Fly Spray.....or....FUMIGATE the kitchen!!

Best Answer

do you have any old food someplace? they could be there!!<br />
make sure you get rid of everything!!! if you can't find the source you may need to call the bug peeps<br />
good luck

Best Answer

Dont know but try and get em outta the kitchen and spray the little feckers with fly spray.

Best Answer