She doesnt even know that I know. But im positive. Ive never had to deal with anorexia, i know how bad it is but....Can anybody tell me how I can help her?
RainbowDaisys RainbowDaisys 13-15, F 13 Answers Dec 2, 2011

Shove a mars bar up here a.ss

Best Answer

grow up

Best Answer

talk her into going to therapy

Best Answer

Well, when it comes down to it we are just not in control of other people's healing. You can do all you possibly can to help her, but it is only her that is going to be able to make changes to the way she thinks and acts. This only happens when a person is ready, and when they truly WANT to change. I'm not saying don't try to help - you're her friend and that is a natural concern for her well-being. Just know this is all on her terms :) The best you can do is let her know you're there for her if she needs to talk and that you will stand by her through her healing. Perhaps it would benefit you and her to look into some books on the matter or find a support group?

Best Answer

Tell her she would be cute if she had some *** and some ****!!!!

Best Answer

grow up

Best Answer

Hmmm.... Just a warning..... My ex-wife had people that thought she was bulemic.... that was not the case....I myself am very thin genetically and once upon a time people thought that I had an eating disorder... but those that knew me best called me a garbage disposal because I ate so much..... If your right she does need help... but if your wrong its going to tick her off.

Best Answer

Anorexia is serious and you're a good friend for caring for her. Thing is, she probably won't be able to handle it on her own, especially if she's hiding it from everyone. How well do you know her parents? Do you think they will be supportive if they find out? <br />
Try talking to her first. Find articles about it, print them out and have her read them. Try talking to her into going to therapy. If she becomes offensive, you may have to involve her parents or talk to your teacher if you trust them. <br />
Do you have a counselor at your school? If yes, might be a good idea to talk to them too, but maybe not naming names first, but asking how you should approach your friend if your friend will refuse to get help after you talk to her in the first place.<br />
And don't give up. You might've saved her life by caring. You're a good person :)

Best Answer

Honestly, I think her parents are what dorve her to it. They're making her take modeling classes, while my firend complains about how she will never be good enough for them.

Best Answer

Oh god... I see. Then the only other option is to talk to your teacher and a school counselor and talk to your friend and get her help.

Best Answer

You already stated helping your friend by taking notice of it. I would research anorexia and see what you can find out about the disease before you talk to her about it. Se if you can find any suggestions on how to broach the subject in the best possible way. You have to be careful about how you talk about it. You do not want her to feel as though you are judging her. She has to see that you are concerned and willing to help her in any way you can. <br />
Good luck. I hope that you find the right way to talk to her and get her some help.

Best Answer

Serious answer. Gentle confrontation with a group of people who care about her stress the care about her part. Try to talk her into seeing a shrink. Get her to watch the documentary "super size me" It mite not seem relevant but it will definitely get her to see that healthy eating is important. Talk her into taking zinc supplements to help offset the anorexia. Most important why, the three reasons tend to be biological mental or environmental this is key.

Best Answer