BleuGirl83 BleuGirl83 31-35, F 6 Answers Mar 8 in Health

One thing that helped me a lot was the Buddhist philosophy.......there are even apps for this!!<br />
but my very favorite saying is:<br />
.........Yesterday is gone; tomorrow is not here yet, so all we have is today............!!!<br />
My mind was always racing forward; 'well, when should I get groceries this week?..........should I call them today or tomorrow?..........where shall I have lunch?'...and on & on and on!!!!!!!!<br />
So what helped me a lot is a shortened verion of the Buddhist saying, which I use everyday!! : ...'present moment.....present moment'...and it brings me right back to NOW and since NOW is all we have, it helps me a lot.........<br />
So do look into the Buddhist sayings; there's bound to be one that resonates with you.........good luck and have fun with it!!!

Best Answer

its hard at first your strong and can put things aside and not let them get to you but eventually it wears you down but you cant give up u have to stay strong breathe and think of the positive go for a walk whatever you can to calm down and forget about that one stupid little thing that was bothering you today :)

Best Answer

try this on.<br />
HOW TO ELIMINATE <br />
WORRIES<br />
What is worry? I define it this way: Worry is the act of becoming immobilized in the present moment as a result of things that are going, or are not going, to happen in the future.The key words here are "present moment." Worry, then, is a technique you have created in order to use up the "now" moments of your life, rather than choosing to use these precious, present moments living a fully functioning, happy life.Everything that has ever happened to you did not happen in the past—it happened in the present moment. And everything that will ever happen to you will not occur in the future—it will take place in the "now" as well. So every moment you elect to spend in worry is your way of using up your "nows" by not being fully present in your life.Your worry list can be long indeed: your health, your family, the economy, your security, your job, etc. All of it is a means for you to occupy your mind here and now as an excuse to avoid living. A worrier sits around and thinks about things and remains inactive, while a doer refuses to occupy the precious, present moments of his/her life and sets aside futile mental activity. Think back to all the things you worried about 15 years ago. How did that worry impact the outcomes that have become your very life? Now examine all of the things you worry about today and remind yourself that in 15 years, all you will have done with your worry-mind is avoided living fully in your present moments. <br />
Here are some specific suggestions for eliminating worry from your life:1. Begin to view all of your present moments as times to live, rather than to obsess about the future. When you catch yourself worrying, ask yourself, "What am I avoiding now by using up this moment with worry?" Then begin to take action on what you are avoiding.2. Recognize the preposterousness of worry. Ask yourself over and over, "Is there anything that will change as a result of my worrying about it?" For example: Will my worrying affect the stock market? Will my worrying affect the weather? Will my worrying affect whether or not my child has an accident?3. Give yourself shorter and shorter periods of "worry time." Designate 10 minutes in the morning to worry—and when that time period is up, refuse to worry until your afternoon worry segment.4. Make a worry list of everything you worried about yesterday or last year, and then see if your worrying did anything to affect the outcome.5. Keep in mind the most useful advice I can give you for eliminating worry from your life:It makes no sense to worry about the things you have no control over, because if you have no control over them, it makes no sense to worry about them. And also, it makes no sense to worry about the things you do have control over, because if you have control over them, it makes no sense to worry about them. And there goes everything that it is possible to worry about. Either you have control or you don't, and worry is just a waste of your precious, present moments.

Best Answer

Be grateful/ thankful for all experiences good or bad. They help you grow and form your character of who you are today

Best Answer

I try but always revert to old ways

Best Answer

There is a lot out there to be bothered by that's for sure.

Best Answer