It will be my first time in USA, im coming from different country and culture, need some advice :)
xtammyx xtammyx 31-35, F 22 Answers Aug 23, 2012 in Travel

Go ahead and look like a tourist...tourists are people to.

Best Answer

really r they? lol ok thx

Best Answer

Just panhandle and hassle people on the street, Practice being rude. You'll fit right in.

Best Answer

r they that bad /:

Best Answer

No, not at all.. I was just making a stereotype joke. New Yorkers are just in a hurry usually, that's why people mistake them for being rude. I've known some very nice new yorkers.. they are, after all people just like you and me. The bad parts could be attributed to any big city dweller.

Best Answer

dont wear an i love ny hat, t-shirt or badge

Best Answer

agree stay away from the tourist stuff :D

Best Answer

don't wear a hipsack.

only tourists look up.

don't wear brown socks with shorts

Best Answer

good advice :D VERY good advice

Best Answer

Mug someone.

Best Answer

ok

Best Answer

Hire a seeing-eye dog.

Best Answer

:/

Best Answer

What does :/ mean? A half-smile? A stroke?

Best Answer

Wear an NYPD uniform..

Best Answer

lol ok where can i buy it? :)

Best Answer

Combine my advice with Tarquino's-...Mug a cop!

Best Answer

wt a great advice Chaspad lol

Best Answer

No problem..After all,walking around looking like a tourist is just asking for trouble...Glad we could find a safer option,haha!

Best Answer

hahaha!

Best Answer

if you are doing touristy things, like statue of liberty, and top of the empire state building, ground zero, etc, you have no choice but to look like a tourist, because no one that lives in NY does those things.

taking pictures u look like a tourist, no one that lives there needs to take pictures of thier family in front of the buildings

giving money to panhandlers u look like a tourist, no one that lives in NYC gives. dont let that stop u from giving though. its part of the experience, lol

nyc is very safe and fun place, people there are really nice and funny. I grew up on the streets there so i know pretty well. Enjoy, dont think about what you look like, no one will really care much anyway.

Best Answer

thx my dear for ur advice..

Best Answer

There are two things about your statement that strike me as wrong. Very safe and fun place? People there nice and funny? What's wrong with this picture? I've experienced neither of these things.

Best Answer

you get back what u put out eugene, if you **** through there with a negative attitude and a puss on your face, thats what ur gonna get back. I lived there for 25 years and never been robbed or felt threatened and had nothing but fun, but then again, i didnt do the touristy things. I spent time in central park, i rode my bike everywhere, i worked in a pizza place during the day and hung out down in the village at night, and performed in a lot the underground clubs down there as a drummer in a punk rock band. Our experiences there differ quite a bit, lets let allow for our differences and not try to analyze them. NYC is not for everyone.

Best Answer

Ummm. Sport a NYC accent. Wear tennis shoes with your office wear. Carry a backpack that has your work shoes in it. Walk like you are in a hurry. Pay no attention to anybody.

Best Answer

just be yourself :D we new yorkers can sense a fake person from miles away

Best Answer

really! ok lets meet then and c if u will notice that on me :)

Best Answer

challenge accepted lol :D where are you coming from? enjoy your trip to NY!

Best Answer

i won't tell u from where so u recognize me!!! u should depend on ur sense hun ;)

Best Answer

don't wear a scrunchie in your hair

sorry something I saw on Sex in the City

couldn't resist ;)

Best Answer

i cant cuz i have very short hair :)

Best Answer

Don't go to that horrible place. New York is the pits. lol

Best Answer

stay in iowa-- we'll all be better!
You sound frightened.

Best Answer

I'm not frightened. I just don't want to ever be inside that zoo again.

Best Answer

Don't have a map

Don't be nice to people

Don't wear I <3 New York stuff (or america)

Best Answer

ok but wt if i get lost??

Best Answer

Wear a Yankee jersey, talk with a east coast acccent and use the word **** as a comma.

Best Answer

wear jeans-American style jeans and maybe a button up casual shirt or t shirt with the Giants logo on it or some other NFL team.

Best Answer

just have fun!!!

Best Answer

I'll thx :)

Best Answer

where are you from?

Best Answer

Middle East

Best Answer

have you been to UAE?

Best Answer

nop, why?

Best Answer

seems like a great place to visit.

Best Answer

looking up with your mouth agape whilst wearing the ubiquitous"I Love NY" t-shirt is a dead giveaway

Best Answer

ok will keep my mouth shut thx lol

Best Answer

smiling...good plan...and practical...there are lots of pigeons in NY and they often poop while in flight

Best Answer

ok, closed-mouth smile then :)
and thx for the warning..

Best Answer

you're welcome.....have fun....its a great city to visit, I spent a lot of time there growing up

Best Answer