Right, for some years now I have experienced Sleep/Night terrors which at first started small (spiders on my wall when not really there), but recently they have become shadows, people even. At first, what I thought I was seeing were ghosts, but then I read up on it & learnt of Sleep/Night Terrors. This causes me to sleep with the light on, so you can probably guess I am not getting much sleep. Lately, around 2-3 weeks, I have started to wake in the night to find I can't move my body. I hear noises & feel as though I am being held down by some unknown force. I looked it up & found its called Sleep Paralysis only I get it every other night. I am now sleeping on the couch as I am too scared to be alone in my room... Any advice on how to stop these things from happening would be great. I am going through a lot of stress, so it could be that they are related? What do you think? Also, do you think it could be linked to actual spirits?
KelzDaily KelzDaily 26-30, F 9 Answers Sep 12, 2012 in Dreams

I checked out your profile and the first one at the top is.........I am obsessed with the Vampire Diaries.<br />
You also said that you need help with a curse. There are not such things as curses as far as I am concerned. It is just the power of suggestion and the idea of you allowing someone to intimidate you to the point of influencing your life.<br />
Maybe you should lay off vampire, sci-fi, fantasy stuff for awhile.<br />
Exercise, lay off the drugs and alcohol, find a new hobby, if your friends are immersed in this culture, find some new friends or find a reason to avoid them for a few weeks.<br />
There is nothing wrong with you. It is just that if you surround yourself with a certain culture or belief system you begin to believe it if you hear it often enough. That is why you dream of vampires, bad things and allow someone to hex you.<br />
You are ok.

Best Answer

Thanks - although I do a lot of writing and its mostly fantasy based so it is hard to just shut it out of my life...

Best Answer

I hope things work out for you.

Best Answer

Ask your MD about a presc<x>ription medication called mirtazapine. It may help. My brother takes it for the same thing you described. It has helped him.<br />
When a preteen, I had night terrors frequently, and when my mother tried to wake me, she couldn't. You have my sympathy.

Best Answer

don't sleep on your back. if you move about in your sleep get a body pillow and have it behind you so you can't roll over. if you have a sleeping partner you could ask them to poke you if they hear you breathing funny or gurgling or spasming (lol you know the bit when you are desperately trying to wake up?) as soon as they touch you you will snap out of it. also if you get it on waking (hypnopompic?) get up as soon as you wake up, don't snooze or lie in because thats when it happens most. i had it all the time from about 17 to 24 but now i get it less and less. my boyfriend has it too, i sometimes hear him having an attack and touch him and he wakes up.

Best Answer

Thank you, I do tend to lie in and just snooze so maybe I will try what you said and hopefully it will work :-D x

Best Answer

sounds pretty serious . . .you should go and have a sleep study done . . .

Best Answer

I bet they cost a lot though huh?

Best Answer

oh I am sure they do if you don't have any insurance or whatever . . . I would still look into it though . . . ya never know . . . good luck . . .

Best Answer