its been months and when he ended it ,he wanted to stay in touch but I told him off and told him that I prefer we go separate ways.I was angry at that time.Now I would like to get back in contact just to catch up and see how he is doing since I still care.How can I go about this without seem desparate?have you ever contacted an ex after a long period apart?how did it go?
Telton Telton 26-30, F 10 Answers Jan 26 in Dating & Relationships

Damn, lots of negativity concerning Exs here, ha!

If you are going to contact him, you'll have to without your pride getting in the way. "He said, she said"... it's in the past.

The thing is, have you put what was in the past, in the past? You are just wanting to know how he is doing, not looking to see if he is available or still thinking about you, right?

There is a difference in that thinking. If you are sure it is just to find out and don't want your head bitten off, metaphorically speaking, then just drop him a line (actually call him) and talk to him.

If it is to see if he is single or still thinking about you, then you've not thought about what had happened before, still holding on to something, or using him as a backup, in which case, you need to really understand who you are and what you are REALLY wanting out of him.

Best Answer

Yea there is always be that part of me that will always care about him and I just want to see how he is doing .We have had time when we didnt talk in the past and started talking again in the past but he was the one to intiate contact each time.I can see how others thing it might not be a good idea tho

Best Answer

Initiate contact... ugh. Look, you two are human beings. If you cared about someone, whether they hated you, loved you, or didn't know you, you'd go out of your way to say, 'Yo, you okay? Yeah? Just checkin.'

Because you are a decent human being, you'd step up to the plate and just ask. Yes, you are put into a vulnerable position, but if he gets on the defensive and pulls back, hey, at least you asked and did it. If he responds politely, well, the next step is all on you two.

Best Answer

I totally agree with you

Best Answer

there is a reason why you call them your 'ex'...

Best Answer

when an ex becomes an ex, I ex them out of my life. I wouldn't want to contact them, I don't need bad feelings stirred up again.

Best Answer

He has to make contact or else it will seem sad and desperate

Best Answer

With words

Best Answer

If so , why did you break up him before ? I don't have any suggestion,i didn't live that time . So im not experienced lol.

Good luck

Best Answer

we live 4 hours apart and it was becase the distance was too much for both of us

Best Answer

I see what you mean now.Well good luck to you.Wish happiness.

Best Answer

God NO, they are EXs for a reason.

Best Answer

It's best to leave your exes in the past because it's where they belong. Maybe you're suffering from attachment rather than love. It ended months ago right? If it was meant to be, then why did it end?

Best Answer

it ended because of the distance.We live 4 hours apart and the distance was too much for both us and we just wanted different things in life.

Best Answer

Let me speak from experience. I recently broke up with my ex of 5 years because she studied abroad in Japan while I did in Paris. The distance was killing us as well. I understand the pain of not being there physically, but I believe it's not going to work because you stated you wanted something different. No disrespect but, you have to be strong and go for the things you love without having a reason to think whether you decisions in life would affect your SO. If he/she really loved you, you would have been there with him/her when he/she wanted to experience different things. Agree or disagree, but good luck

Best Answer

bad idea

Best Answer

yea that's why I am hesitant to do it because deep own I know it might not end too well

Best Answer

just don't , it always better to move on over ex's

Best Answer