NatashaRose NatashaRose 18-21, F 11 Answers Jul 9 in Dating & Relationships

Look everyone in the eyebrows instead of eye contact. Always call people buddy or guy. Then end your sentences with "eh?" as it is polite and invites further comment. I hope that helps you talk to people buddy and be considered normal,eh?

Best Answer

I'll try aim for genuinely a human.

Best Answer

Whatever floats your boat guy.

Best Answer

That sounds like one of those self-help book titles: How To Talk To People And Be Normal (Written by Oprah Winfrey and Illustrated by Thich Nhat Hanh)

Best Answer

It does. Guess I better get cracking!

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

Socially awkward, never know what to say.

Best Answer

Define normal.

Best Answer

So you know there is a normal? How? By the way people glance, or turn silent? <br />
There are social standards, one can learn them like a dog can learn. You check out the group and participate as best you can. <br />
And you try and find a few who you have some things in common with, so that the stresses of being 'normal' are not taking over.

Best Answer

Thanks. Well, I just want to not appear too odd, and I want to seem happy.

Best Answer

Act that way. Realize you're really not the center of attention. People are much to busy thinking about themselves.
Focus on them.
It's not odd to be bored among humans.

Best Answer

Don't mention the ****

Best Answer

Good advice, but the last word was censored out.

Best Answer

Normal isn't interesting. Be yourself, people will like you :)

Best Answer

That didn't work :/

Best Answer

then you haven't met the right people :)

Best Answer

I don't know about that, but thanks.

Best Answer

What part of your speech, conversation or behaviour is not normal?

Best Answer

Uhh...everything?

Best Answer

That is pretty broad. I'd suggest NLP "How to make friends in 90 seconds or less" as a good broad book on how to interact successfully and somewhat 'normally'. It covers things like greetings, finding common ground, attitudes and establishing rapport. However if your voice is abnormal you may need to practice or get voice training first.

Best Answer

Guess I better get my voice buffed up and sexy manly.

You could say I was shy and insecure, and have nothing in common with no body my age group.

Best Answer

If you are a female you don't need a manly voice!
That was me too. Don't worry about shy and insecure. Talk to people you don't know, then it doesn't matter if they think you are a bit odd, they'll forget you before you talk to them again, but you might make friends, and at least you will practice.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
It is one of those areas that you can fake it until you make it.
BTW: you may have things in common with people not your age..... otherwise, eventually, you will be a standout in your age group and may even be popular because of it (I've developed my stability, knowledge, wisdom, but I'm still not popular).

Best Answer