Well, I don't exactly have a big plan and I need time to think things through and it's hard for me to work with people and they would think me having a hard time is procastination or redeculous. how would they take me seriously?
th3hunt3r th3hunt3r 18-21, F 14 Answers Apr 30, 2012

If your parents shelled out the dough for you to go as far as you have you are going to owe them and pay them back for it if you want to retain your self respect/honor.

Other than that, it's your life to do with as you want.

Best Answer

from a distance.

Best Answer

The BEST way to tell someone something that you are uncomfortable about saying, is to do so over the telephone or via the US Mail.

Best Answer

Don't tell them until you have a definite plan. They will believe you are just being lazy and careless if you tell them when you don't have a plan. Try to find a well paying job or get multiple jobs, as long as you make enough money to support yourself. By support yourself I mean enough to share rent with friends or rent a room in a house. When you are able to do that, you should tell your parents. They will not take you seriously until they see that you are prepared to be independent and make a living without college. Good luck :)

Best Answer

Most parents want their kids to go to school in order to prepare them for better jobs and opportunities. While not everyone should go to college, many people benefit from a good education. It is almost certain that 10 years from now you will look back on the decision not go to college and regret it. At the same time, after 12 years or longer in school, the idea of doing something different is very appealing.

Some things to consider: on average, over the 45 year span in which a person typically works a college graduate earns over $1 million more than someone who settles for a high school diploma. College is not meant to prepare you for a specific job. Trade schools do that. College is to prepare you for life, and it is by no means the only way to prepare for life. What are you going to do instead?

Overall, if you can work for a couple of years, investor couple of years serving your country in the military, or do something else productive, you may discover that college is a better idea than you thought, and you can change course. If you approach your parents with the idea of telling them what you are doing it will probably lead to an argument. If, instead, you go to them and say I would like to talk you about something important. I am really school weary and I would like to do something other than go to college for a year or two. I hate the thought of disappointing you because I know you plan on me going to college. Right now, I would like to get a job and learn about life before I go on with my schooling. What do you think?

If you treat parents like trusted advisors instead of authority figures to be bucked they might become your allies in finding your best road in life.

Best Answer

You tell them that the college thing is just not working out for you and you would be much happier flipping burgers or hanging off the back of a garbage truck for the rest of your life.

Best Answer

Don't be an idiot. Get your bachelors before you move on to anything else in life. Nobody wants to hire a quitter.

Best Answer

By having another career path planned or already in motion to present them with for justification.

Best Answer

I think it would be wise to have a plan of what you are going to do if you are not going to college. If my kids didn't go to college then they had to get a job and start preparing to live in a place of there own. I would help them set up the budget, how much money they would need. They had 6-weeks to get a job. Welcome to the real world:)

Best Answer

Present them with the bill for tuition first.

Best Answer

Best just to do it. Make sure you have a viable plan as to what you're going to do though.

Best Answer

have a good alternate plan to tell them

Best Answer