bumblebee10 bumblebee10 18-21, F 16 Answers Dec 1, 2010

I'm here to ask a question. I been having bad pain on right side of my stomach an above my belly button an feeling sick to my stomach I been told it could be 3 different things by people could it be my gall bladder

Best Answer

an Endoscopy does NOT show a hiatal hernia.<br />
you mentioned that you had an endoscopy and you would think you would know. a Dr. confirmed to me that it does not show hernia. I have a hiatal hernia and it was Dx'd via the Barium swallow. that test also showed ulcers, however, my endoscopy did not...<br />
also, there is a test for gallbladder called a Hida scan, google it.

Best Answer

Get an ultrasound

Best Answer

i have had stomach pains for as long as i can remember. my grandma and two of my aunts have had there gall bladders removed because of serious issues. recetly things have been even worse from me. i have extreme pain in my right shoulder almost constantly.i wake up in the middle of the night with extreme stomach pains that keep me from sleeping the rest of the night. i sometimes have to put a pillow on my stomach to keep it from hurting super bad . i'm not sure if this has to do with my gull bladder. Thank you

Best Answer

I might need to get mine removed. Thing is, I am still pretty young. My stomach and my right shoulder and back are always in pain...

Best Answer

I am not here to answer a question.I am here to ask a question since you all have had your gallbadder.I have had a stomachach like i had never had before.It usually happens at around 5:00.and i never have any other signs of pain.PLEASE HELP I NEED ANSWERS

Best Answer

did you get checked for a hiatus hernia? that causes heartburn, and acid reflux, and pain in your back... also yeast allergies, bloat your stomach with gas, which pushed up on your muscles.....

Best Answer

i didnt get chcked for a hiatus hernia, but ive had many endoscopys i think theyd be able to tell if ihad one.

Best Answer

There is a test that is definitive, but there are other methods that give some pretty good indications. Mine was removed about five years ago. Not all insurance plans will cover all the the test types. <br />
When it gets to really low function, you can have sharp pains sort of under your arm on your right side and even just about your right shoulder blade. Often times, if it is inflamed, a doctor can push on it, while you are lying on your back, and it will hurt. it is right under your right rib cage.<br />
Have the done the gall bladder test yet? You get to lie flat on your back really still on a table while you get scanned for about 35 - 40 minutes. They inject you with something that makes you gall bladder work. This is the definitive test. Regular upper GI tests will not show the problem usually. I know first had, as they tried that with me. The test all came back as negative for gal bladder issues. About six months later I started having pains that were so bad that I bad to put something on the floor under my side and lay on it - it was the only way the pain would go away and I have a very high pain threshold. Only after that did they finally do the test I described which pretty much said that it was non-functioning. My 30 y/o son is going through the same thing right now. His employer changes insurance providers after the first of the year and the new one will allow that definitive test. He has spent a lot of time and money with GI doctors and tests.

Best Answer

yeahhh, my GI doctor did all sorts of endoscopys and everything & everythings normal, except when he presses on the upper right side of my stomach. i mean my stomachs not always in pain, but when i am thats where it is & my back constantly hurts between my shoulder blades. & i get this weird bitter taste in my mouth alot. he said it was the end of my liver, but doesnt your liver partially cover your gallbladder? i always feel like theres a lump sitting there & i get heartburn and acid reflux alott ever since this started, but its been five months how come they havent looked at it yet? i always feel like my stomachs on fire, literally especially if i drink soda its as if it burns a whole in my stomach.

Best Answer

I had mine removed 6 years ago- totally life changing! There is a test called a GFT, or "gallbladder function test" that is pretty definitive. Plus, if the symptoms are really interfering with your life, as mine were, that's a good way to make your decision.

Best Answer

Some people have it done, when they really don't have to.

Best Answer

I would get at least two opinions from good doctors. Three if you're up for it! I have never had any pain from my gall bladder nor any other digestive trouble. But several people, and even some doctors, have urged me to have my gall bladder removed. That is because I have ALL of the common risk factors, what doctors refer to as the "four Fs." I am Female, over Fifty years old, Fair (i'm blonde) and Fat. That means I have nearly a 100% chance of eventually having to have gall bladder surgery. Only one problem: I have never had any symptoms and numerous tests (CT scans ultrasound, camera down throat) have shown I do not have any stones in my gall bladder nor is there any other sign I have gall bladder trouble. So my doctor has said I don't need surgery. Yet SOME doctors will say I do because, as they put it, "Since you will have to have it eventually anyway, might as well get it over with." As for me, I would rather wait and see if I actually have real gall bladder problems before getting surgery. But it seems to me that some doctors are awfully fast to recommend it, even with no symptoms or evidence it's a problem.<br />
As I said, get more than one opinion unless you are in so much pain that your course of action seems obvious.

Best Answer

just get a second opinion and get your blood checked-they would be able to tell for that.

Best Answer

I have had my gall bladder removed ( about six years ago) Best way to know for sure is to go to your doctor and have them figure it out. But if you get extremely bad stomach pains and heartburn. Where it literally feels like there is a fire in your stomach. Also, when I first started showing symptoms i was throwing up alot! ( mostly Bile). In the meantime, stay away from caffine and spicy foods! BUT most importantly...GO SEE A DOCTOR! If you somehow do need your gall bladder removed...do your research! there is a ton of information on it online...WEB MD is the best! Read other people's experiences and stories. It Helps to know what your dealing with.

Best Answer

yeah my stomach always feels on fire, especially if i drink soda, it literally feels like its burning a whole in my stomach & ive had alot of heartburn and acid & ive been getting bitter tastes in my mouth, & pain between my shoulderblades. & im constantly naucious with any little move.

Best Answer

My wife had hers removed, when you double over in so much PAIN in the middle of the night screaming then its time to be removed

Best Answer

Is pain always on right side for gall bladder

Best Answer