Wow. It is the parents who should be missing the doctors appointments and important stuff because they should be ones ultimately responsible for watching the children. It looks like they are taking advantage of you and that is not fair since you did not choose to have these children! <br />
I would simply tell them that you have a lot of things in your life coming up (job, school, other responsibilities) and you won't have time to watch the kids anymore. IF you are up to it I would say that on an occasional basis will you babysit but you can no longer do so daily. It would be helpful if you can give them a good amount of notice (2 weeks is about right) for them to make other arrangements.<br />
Best of luck!

Best Answer

I know sometimes I will have to watch them but this daily stuff is starting to take a toll on me. I can understand one of them but two is too much. I just feel they taking advantage of me. Everything in my life is about their children. I don't have children. I'll be 20 just now what have I accomplish nothing because I can't do anything I always have two kids to think about everyday.

Best Answer

yes I totally agree with you and i feel it is time to sit down with your parents and ask them nicely that you are having issues with family members and want to make everyone happy but you have to get your life started and you want to buy your own insurance and buy a car and get on your feet so it's going to take me hours of hard work to earn this ! you can not keep baby sitting and not getting paid and parents are paying 40 dollars a child and your not receiving anything!

Best Answer

I understand how you feel. I am 60 years old now and for the past five years I have babysit my great niece off and on. My family seems to think that since I am retired, I am just here to be an on-call babysitter. I have worked my entire life so that I could retire one day and only do what makes me happy. I just had my first vacation ever last year. I planned on taking classes, volunteering for animal rescues, maybe having foster dogs, reading, and just staying at home doing things around the house and spending time with my animals. Nothing has worked out the way that I thought it would. I feel as if I might as well just go back to work. I'm angry and resentful and I'm even feeling angry with my five year old niece and it's not her fault. Why do people assume that when you don't work, you are just there for them to call on whenever they need anything?

Best Answer

i'm not a babysitter by trade okay!!!!!

Best Answer

Just tell them.....sometimes as a parent you become complacent and rely on family with because they are family. Stress the fact that you love your sister and your niece but need to invest more time in getting your life....school, job etc......on track. Tell them exactly what time you're willing to invest and give them a time limit by which they have to have new childcare in place. Good luck.

Best Answer