Usually kittens learn to use the litter tray from other cats I took in very young stray kittens once and they taught themselves to use the tray without an older cat or their mother around to teach them. Kittens generally toilet train themselves because cats like to bury their mess and the litter tray is one of the places that they can dig, and bury it. <br />
If you havent got any older cats in the house for the kittens to learn from, then just keep showing them the tray, every time they make a mess put them in the tray. Soon they will realize that they can dig around in the tray and should start using it.<br />
If that doesn't work, then next time they do a poo on the floor, put the poo in the litter tray and show it to them, hopefully they will learn to go there.

Best Answer

consitancy, everytime they do their business elsewhere, pick them up, show them their business, (dont rub it in their face) and then put them in the litter box. they will get the idea.

Best Answer

Where is the mother cat? My cats always litter trained their kittens. I have had four female cats who have had kittens, and they all did it. The one kitten I got, who was not litter trained, I watched where he went and put a small tray of littler there. At one point, I had 9 or 10 littler pans scattered all over the house, then when he started actually using the litter, I took them up, one at a time. He caught on. I think it took about 2 weeks. I don't really remember, as he was a kitten 16 tears ago, and died 7 years ago. But he was the only one I ever had to litter train.

Best Answer

mum goes outdoors !

Best Answer

Oh, well, there's the problem. MUM is usually the teacher. Try the multiple tray method. I went and bought several disposable, foil, cake tins from a dollar store and used them. As the cats became accustomed to using them, they just got tossed and eventually I was down to only one.

Best Answer

I've got two cats that I've had from kittens. Put a shallow tray out and if they don't take to it straight away here is a couple of things to try. If they poo in the house place the poo in the tray and leave it there. Nasty I know but it tells them that this is where they need to go. Also if they keep pooing in a particular place put the tray there for a while and then once you have got them going in the tray move it gradually to where you want it. Never scold a cat for doing it wrong. Just praise it for doing it right. It will remember better this way.

Best Answer

They are really young- but if it persists get them checked for urinary tract infections

Best Answer

No !

Best Answer

The couple times I've had litter of kittens at my house the just pretty much learned on their own. I put down a very shallow litter tray and they got the hang of it pretty quickly. I just assumed it was natural for them to want to go in there because of the digging. Or most liikely they just copied the mommy kitty.

Best Answer

yeh .. i put them in whenever i think of it .. they like to play with it tho ! SQUEEEE !!

Best Answer

Not sure....but, there must be some sort of fetish group on this site that would have training suggestions......just swap in the word "kitten" for "short, balding submissive."

Best Answer

lol yeh !! XD

Best Answer

Mine just used it

Best Answer