Never, ever look at the clock when you're trying to fall asleep. The panic will keep you awake. Trick your body - if you don't know you've only slept 2 hours, you're automatically a little less tired. Works for me.

Best Answer

I'm the exact same way. What I do is take 2 Meletonin (1mg tabs), it's a non-addictive sleeping aid. I takes it about 45 minutes before I need to go to sleep. Then I sleep with a box fan blowing next to me...the sound is soothing. I also set two alarm clocks on the opposite sides of my room set to go off about 10 minutes apart. The same thing with my phone alarm too. That way I'm more likely to wake up. Sometimes if I still feel drowsy after I wake up, I'll go run either really hot or really cold water on my hands. It's a lot of preperation, but it really does work. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

A practical solution, thank you. It seems I need to buy another, louder alarm clock.

Best Answer

At age 61 I have the same issue But in my case at last when I do get to sleep it's only for one hour at best , There's got to be a way to set a sound system to play the 1812 overture , It has Cannons in it .

Best Answer

I've been this way my whole life (under 10, I remember staying up all night and watching infomercials), though I fortunately can sleep eventually. Stress will kill any chance of that, though; I didn't sleep for two days last week over a car breakdown (two of them, to be precise). My mother sleeps only by the grace of Ambien.

Best Answer

I've tried just about everything that medical specialist could do for me over the years and when valium became acclimated to my system I figured it was time to take other routes and work on just turning off all thought Not thinking of anything and it works but I still wake up during certain dreams .

Best Answer

What time do you generally wake up and or how much hours do you sleep for?

Best Answer

It's quite random, with the vagaries of my schedule (I deliver pizza and typically work late nights, though I'm switching to dayshift and hoping that will help) and ability to fall asleep. I generally sleep when I crash and I can. Given no obligations, I tend towards falling asleep at 2-8AM, and waking up at 1-4PM. Given my new schedule, I have to wake up by 8:30-10AM everyday (either school or work).

Best Answer

Oh man that sucks. I too have insomnia but they come and go. I usually do the no-no which is go without sleep for the whole day and that would wear me out, leading me to sleep earlier around 8 sometimes before. Then I get my good 8 hours in and wake up earlier and am set for the day. I'd say you probably have heaps more energy that you would need to burn off so you get tired eventually - like going for works, general exercise. Hope you sort this out soon!

Best Answer

Drink boat loads of water before going to bed and you'll wake up 'cuz you need to pee too bad to sleep any longer!

Best Answer

Caffeine is your bestest best friend

Best Answer

You sleep when you feel its appropriate for you.. not life

Best Answer

I say take two ambien and see where the night takes you :)

Best Answer

body clock 6am without fail... even on holidays

Best Answer