Yikes!!
severalanimals severalanimals 56-60, M 2 Answers Jun 29 in Community

how did you compete with a snake, and why?

Best Answer

He was right by the gate to the dog pen, that is why I had to kill him.

Best Answer

well how could you loose against a harmless non venomous snake anyway? What if you had just moved him to another area or something?

Best Answer

I wanted to, but not possible to move him easily at all, I generally don't kill them unless I feel I have to but if they are hanging around close to the dog pen, then I generally do. Trust me, I did not want to kill him.

Best Answer

If it had been just a garter snake or a rat snake or something, I would not have killed it but these red bellies, they are mean and they can give a nasty infection or hepatitis if they bite, and they will bite.

Best Answer

I am glad I didn't meet one of those today.

Best Answer

Very scary looking snake! He was an adult, I usually don't bother them or just chase them away if I can, but he was hanging around the dog pen so he had to go. I am sure there are many more, they are very common around here and prolific. Not poisonous but they can give you a bad infection or hepatitis if they bite and they tend to be mean.

Best Answer

I don't think I like them.

Best Answer

They are not the likable kind, a high strung, nervous snake.

Best Answer

Those strike quicker.

Best Answer

Yes they do! And tend to lunge towards you like the copperheads do. I am just really glad it was not one of those! I count myself lucky, I could have been bitten due to where he was, he felt cornered because he could not easily exit. I dreamed about it before I went out there, in detail, I was bitten in the dream.

Best Answer

I am glad you were not.

Best Answer

Me too, that would have been a major, bad hassle! Also, the dogs are safe!

Best Answer

That's important. I once had to save my little silkie from a rattler. He lost.

Best Answer

I am so sorry, I have had two dogs bitten by copperheads, they are really bad snakes but not as bad a venom. Both of those dogs recovered, I was lucky.

Best Answer

Yes you were. My little dog would have died very quickly. It was a young snake and she weighed less than ten pounds.

Best Answer