or weren't you? (under 18, child to me)
Goodbadladywoman Goodbadladywoman 31-35, F 16 Answers Mar 30 in Parenting & Family

as a child, I was told what to think, what to do, what to eat, how to act, what to dress; very few decisions could I make for myself. I couldn't curse at all at home, because I knew what would happen if I did. I couldn't fully express myself at home because I knew my mother had an emotional weakness; my father was largely unavailable, and he used intimidation to try to scare us away from doing things.

Best Answer

:( All familiar to me in various direct and indirect ways.

Best Answer

I was hit with a dowel, and verbally dressed down like a new marine recruit by a drill sargeant. I don't recommend either technique.

Best Answer

My father worked me like a dog on family farm, I was usually just too tired to get in trouble. But my mother petted me like a baby :)

Best Answer

I was too terrified of the repercussions to get up to any mischief.

Best Answer

What did you think the repercussions would be or did you know? They threatened then?

Best Answer

I knew what the repercussions were. Often I didn't have to do anything wrong to experience them. Acting up or crying just made things worse.

Best Answer

Sorry, that makes sense

Best Answer

Got a clip around the head on occasion but I asked for it as a kid lol by my teens that stopped, my parents just told me if I was acting up and I was smart and respectful enough to respect their wishes or at least compromise.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Thanks for your honest

Best Answer

Y

Best Answer

Brute-like.

Best Answer

:/

Best Answer

Through pain,my parents and step parents belived breaking few bone or bruises would help

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

Didn't work btw only made sad, then angry and rebellious but I didn't turn out so bad so dnt be sad :)

Best Answer

I'm not trying to assume how people turn out, sorry, just don't like the idea of people physically hurting a children is all

Best Answer

It's okay I understand, and I know but it happens some grow from it an never forget then some fall apart

Best Answer

So very true!

Best Answer

shouted at & smacked....deservedly so

Best Answer

:( Really, deservedly?

Best Answer

I got the belt

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

Since my father died before I was born..I had a couple older brothers who would beat the hell out of me if I got out of line..until I got big enough to turn the table.

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

Rotten child

Best Answer

Meaning they made you feel like one or said it?

Best Answer

I was a bad kid.

Best Answer

Do you think your parents could have helped you but didn't?

Best Answer

I am sure things could have been done different but still I was not a nice person.

Best Answer