thyatt416 thyatt416 51-55 11 Answers Aug 9, 2011

Aww..I have a 23 year old tabby who I've been worried about for some time. He has a non-malignant tumor on his leg but it doesn't seem to bother him much. He eats, drinks, uses his litter box..even comes for cuddles every night. The day he stops lazing happily in the sun, I will help him cross. <br />
You'll know when she's ready. I'm so sorry for the tough decisions in your future. &lt;3

Best Answer

I feel really sorry for you and your cat. But I would let nature takes its course (of course, when I say that, I do not mean that you shouldn't see what a veterinarian can do for her). Don't try to hurry along her death. She only has one life to live (not 9 like we joke about cats), so every moment is precious.

Best Answer

From what I know and understand about Cats is that when they are ready to pass over, they will let you know in their own individual way and in your heart you will know too!

Best Answer

It seems to me that most animals, when they are ready to die, will stop eating.

Best Answer

Maybe. A few years ago, my 19 year old just kept going until she fell asleep one day and never woke up. It's probably a good indicator, though. Thank you.

Best Answer

You need to teach your cat the bl<x>inking eye method..2 bl<x>inks means "yes please--kill me"

Best Answer

...you are a mean spirited idiot. When you have to ask this question for your own pet or child, I hope that answers are kinder than yours.

Best Answer

I've been through it a few times with cats. As long as they are functioning (using the litter box) and reasonably comfortable, I think it's ok. When they get beyond that, I took them myself (and held them) while the vet gave them the injection. Not an easy thing to do but that's the cycle of life.

Best Answer

My cat did-held on for a long time-they will start to howl in pain-AWFUL and sad. When they reach that level. hugs

Best Answer

I will definitely NOT wait until she is howling in pain - how awful for both of you. Thanks for the hug. I can always appreciate those.

Best Answer

YW : ) It was-I immediately brought him in and they put him down : ( I stayed while they euthanized him. He jumped up and hugged me-HEART WRENCHING DAMMIT! Good luck.

Best Answer