This person is a friend of my friend. He met this person at a flea market. Now, both of them operate businesses at another flea market. The friend of my friend acts like he knows everything in the world, and when I am around him I feel quite uncomfortable. I have a college degree, and more importantly, I am over 60 years of age, and I have learned a lot through living. My friend's friend is about 30 years younger than he is. I get the opinion that the friend of my friend acts like I am some kind of anomaly since I am retired and although I can buy the gadgets he seems to love, I prefer a much simpler life. To make matters worse, my friend treats this guy like some kind of celeb! For example, if my friend is talking to me he will hang up if his friend calsl him!! Help!
Bamacatgirl Bamacatgirl 61-65, F 10 Answers Oct 26, 2010

i was confronted with a guy who thought he knew everything, and in my limited experience, people who think they know everything only think that, because they don't know anything. He was convinced of his own superiority twice whilst i knew him, first time i showed him definitive proof that he was wrong, and second time, when he was convinced he had practically god-like intelligence, i taught my (then) 12 year old sister basic quantum mechanics using a university level textbook, and told him, that put him in his place :)<br />
(my sister is a genius, easily smarter than me, which is something i rarely say about anyone)

Best Answer

Ignore him.

Best Answer

Th guy's toxic - avoid him.

Best Answer

Treat him with utmost kindness...<br />
and laugh forebodingly every once in a while without a "reason."

Best Answer

Let him think he/she does, darkly think to yourself this guy is an arrogant insignificant not open-minded to nothing but his ideals type of fool

Best Answer

He's just insecure. Ignore him because there are no benefits from dealing with his type.

Best Answer