The Journal News posted an interactive map that readers can click on to see which of their neighbors in Westchester and Rockland counties, and I think Putnam as well, own guns. They high handedly published names and addresses. So how hard is it to figure out if you aren't on that list, you're defenseless, easy prey. Maybe it is legal but, should it be ok to put everyone at risk?
sweetromance2 sweetromance2 51-55, F 16 Answers Dec 26, 2012 in Hobbies

Unarmed does not equal defenseless. If you bring your wit into battle with you, the tables can easily be turned. That much more so if you have the element of surprise

Best Answer

Correct, but it gives the criminals an advantage, they now know which houses to avoid and which ones to takes guns to , so they can bring guns with them to rob them.

Best Answer

criminals have they tools of the trade and i have my own. Trust me. I can handle myself in a "situation" without a gun, and I think more Americans should be capable of this as well

Best Answer

OK

Best Answer

There are innocent unarmed women raped every day. They are just victims, not stupid.

Best Answer

Where's their families? Those are the ones who should be protecting the women and children. And our whole "American family" is sadly broken down and defunct beyond all hope of repair. And so we live in fear: in fear OF OUR OWN NEIGHBORS. And that to me is no way to live

Best Answer

@ sweetromance2 when people care the crime rate against women goes down 3 or 4 times. Why ? because the criminals arent stupid. They know that there is chance that they may end up eating lead.

Best Answer

There are plenty of unregistered guns out there...the bad guys might get a nasty surprise if they use that list to target some-one. I agree with you though.

Best Answer

Theres no end to the deviciveness of liberals

Best Answer

Thats your media at work. <br />
I think they did it to some how shame those that have guns, but what they did in reality is to post to the criminals which houses to break into that are gun free and which ones to break into when people are away so the criminals can get more guns. Good looking out for public welfare.

Best Answer

your only defenseless if you think you are........in many cases offensive action is needed....& a ba<x>seball bat will do

Best Answer

Right a baseball bat is Great if someone has a .22 .38 ,9mm,357,44, 45. You keep thinking that .

Best Answer

i set de trap mf'er

Best Answer

There is a reason why we don't send our military and police officers out with baseball bats against guns. It just doesn't work.

Best Answer

thought you talkin homeowners.......it's a c rapshoot with firearms....shoot the f'er ...git off/life in prison.......i'll beat the f'er &amp; use im as fertilizer in me garden

Best Answer

This map publishes house *addresses* (or locations) and everything? I don't like that idea at all. Common sense should dictate if they want to talk about concentrations of guns, they should do it by zip code at the very least; not by mapping homes! o_O;<br />
That said, I don't think criminals target people primarily ba<x>sed on whether or not they believe they have a gun. Surveys of convicted criminals show many of them only carry guns at all because they think their *victims* will have guns. I don't understand why so many people in the US thinks they're going to be the one to win the shoot-out, if it comes to that, and why they aren't worried about innocent bystanders getting hurt, like in that incident at the Empire State Building.<br />
Note: I'm not saying any of the above with an intent to look down on anyone. I just happen to be one of the many people outside the United States who honestly do not get US gun culture.

Best Answer

They should get sued for doing that. But then again if a thug wants to break in a home, how do they know a visitor doesn't have his gun with him? Or some other type of weapon?

Best Answer

It's fúcking idiotic.

Best Answer

Strikes me as an illegal invasion of privacy. But it also means that the maniacs know which houses to shoot first in, before the owner can get his gun.

Best Answer

And that to me is why registration and those that follow the law are DUMB. If I had a weapon I wouldnt register it. the constitution clearly states " shall not be infringed" Claiming that you cannot have a weapon w/o registering is infringing upon that right.

Best Answer

BULL The Bill of Rights clearly states weapons are for the establishment of a "well-regulated militia", in other words something like the state's National Guard units, not a carte blanche for personal ownership

Best Answer

Though the legality has come into question, it seems they received this info through the "Freedom Of Information Act".

Best Answer

Wrong. you should re read it and it clearly states and I quote "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed". Note the words RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE. THey didnt state right of the militia. dont try to interpret it. try applying it.

Best Answer

@ sweetromance2. thats the law of unintended consequences, something that was intended to keep the gov honest is now used as a foil against honest people.

Best Answer

Read your history, the whole reason of the amendment was to make sure militias (like those who fought the British during the US Revolution) could not be banned. And the words "well-regulated" were meant to say just that. It was meant to be the right of a state to raise and train a militia in case they were needed.

Best Answer

According to http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights.html You are quite mistaken.During the debates on the adoption of the Constitution, its opponents repeatedly charged that the Constitution as drafted would open the way to tyranny by the central government. Fresh in their minds was the memory of the British violation of civil rights before and during the Revolution. They demanded a "bill of rights" that would spell out the immunities of individual citizens.

Best Answer

Correct--in the sense that there was no US as we know it at the time, the individual states were considering themselves almost as sovereign nations, and they wanted the right to have what would be essentially state armies.

Best Answer

@ sweet Yep. they wanted WE THE PEOPLE just as well armed as the Gov.

Best Answer

using chipmonks view the only ones that have freedom of speech would be the gov .

Best Answer

You do realize that "we the people" at that time mean us rich white guys who are in power, right? It had nothing to do with the people of the country as a whole. Those same "We the people" declared women, white males without land, blacks, and any other none whites weren't worthy of voting or other rights.

Best Answer

BS

Best Answer

OK, thanks for playing. Your mind is closed to the fact that you could be wrong.

Best Answer

No, I'm often wrong, just not in this case. And even if you can justify this crap on some semantic basis, the sign of a healthy society is to grow and change according to changing times and technology.

Best Answer

BTW--thanks for the open-mindedness as expressed in your choice of EP name---a bit out of date and reactionary, perhaps?

Best Answer

ohh ad hominem attack. the last resort then you cannot substantiate your view point.
One could say that you have a furry fetish or are into *********** by your choice of names. so when you live in a glass house you shouldn't through stones.

Best Answer

No, just a logical observation based on the coupling of your POV with you name. It wasn't too hard.

Best Answer

Said the pot to the kettle

Best Answer

"We're both hot?"

Best Answer

I would become unglued.

Best Answer

It's nobody's business what I have in my home.

Best Answer

Correct. I dont care what kind of weapon you have or don't.

Best Answer

Its a strange world you live in that this weighs heavy on your mind.

Best Answer

No! That was wrong.

Best Answer

What state?

Best Answer

New York

Best Answer