I am currently dating my best friend's ex I love her to death, but I can't help that I want to be with him. Is it wrong of me? What would you do if you were her?
hellontheheart hellontheheart 18-21, F 31 Answers Oct 25, 2012 in Parenting & Family

i have a best friend that is dating my ex husband of three years and let me say he's an ex for a reason if she is dumb enough to date him let her find out why he's an ex i don't personally care i'm not with him anymore and i have moved on so why should i bother me?? or let it bother me?? i think that should be the question people should ask themselves instead of letting it destroy their friendships

Best Answer

Wouldn't be my Best Friend that is for damn sure.

Best Answer

jelous and pissed of and she isnt no friend

Best Answer

read the details

Best Answer

well i say that not a good friend if she not cool with it , beside you so-posed to look out for each other not end a friendship , just be in her shoe , how would you feel if someone date your x that your in love with for 3 year ect.. it a never ending battle

Best Answer

Well there would be a reason I left him/her so I wouldnt give a ****. Honestly she let him go so why wouldn't she be okay with it?

Best Answer

that true but you seem to care about the situation , does it bother you that your dating her x ?

Best Answer

not exactly the fact that I might lose her bothers me.

Best Answer

if that the case ask her how she feel and just be honest about everything, if she your best friend you would know how to approach it , does she know about it ?

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

ohh well either you tell her or she gonna find out i am not sure if it a good out come

Best Answer

If I were her, I'd probably warn you of all his terrible traits and then say "I told you so," after you broke up with him.

Best Answer

Not cool if shes not ok with it.

Best Answer

I wouldn't like it at all and she wouldn't be my best friend anymore.

Best Answer

its me dating her ex.. So you saying when she finds out it going to be that dramatic?

Best Answer

Hell yes...she is going to assume that something was going on behind her back while they were dating.

Best Answer

it wasn't like that when they were together I was in a relationship and she knows I am faithful. She wouldnt think that

Best Answer

Well good luck.

Best Answer

stop right now you know how stupid you are im 45 years old do not hurt the best friend how could you do somthing like this and if she finds out you are in deep **** find another guy you will not be able to find another best friend ever guys come a dime adozen a best friend comes once in alife time

Best Answer

nothing, just tell them i hope you had better luck than i did lol

Best Answer

Betrayed! They weren't a true friend...and your gonna have to get over it even though it probably hurts

Best Answer

you are no longer with your ex.... move on .... what does it really matter to you get over your ex!

Best Answer

Me personally I would never date any of my girlfriend ex's. That is how me and my girls get down. Something we just do not do. Either she is going to accept it or not. Is he worth losing a friend over?

Best Answer

Stop,calling that person your best friend because they wasn't a friend at all,they probably was your enemy. That's probaby why they was hanging with you so much,trying to get next to your love. Damn shame!

Best Answer

Depends on how close they were, and it depends on the circumstances of their break-up. If it was a really personal break-up then I would expect to be hurt if I were your friend and it's kind of a betrayal of trust not to disclose that information before going ahead. Besides, there's probably a good reason for why they're not together. <br />
But at the end of the day, I suppose if that's the way your heart feels and they're your true friend then they'll accept it in time.

Best Answer

It's THEIR lives ...they can do what they want

Best Answer

Well, having been in this same situation (not even the same, my friend had only dated the girl for a few months), if she doesn't know yet, she's not going to be happy. I told my friend before it even happened and he got super pissed and we ended up fighting later on about it. We stopped bein friends for a couple years, though we did eventually make up after I had been broken up with the girl for awhile.

Best Answer

Oh god this has just happened to me,<br />
I went out with the guy for 3 and a half years, lived together, engaged. We split and i moved on. My BEST friend started going out with him in secret and i found out and she was full of apologies saying 'i know its unacceptable but...' blah blah. So i have cut it with both of them. With his cheating,lies and violence she was my shoulder to cry on and knows what he is like and she will get the same treatment!<br />
Not a very good feeling at all!<br />
And what happened to friends come first. She will be the one to say i told you so the minute it ends. And she wont be there for you again!

Best Answer

I would rather forget than forgive.
I have cut ties with the 2 of them.
He is a nasty person through and through.
Starts at secret drug taking right to hitting his woman.
She will not change him for the better but i do understand where you are coming from that she might think that.
i was her rock when she was going through a hard time. And this is how she re pays me. I do miss the fact that i can call her up anytime and have a good chat. But it was her choice and she chose him over her best friend so the best of luck to her!

Best Answer

It's not wrong, if she's completely over him then she won't care. But there's a chance she might get upset or jealous. I would just tell her you care about him and want to be with him but kind of "ok" it with her. (If she says it's not okay, honestly it's not really up to her but you might want to take that into consideration.)

Best Answer

Nothing more to add. Mike and Night said it perfectly.

Best Answer

I think it is wrong. My friend is doing the same I dated him for 16 months and went on crazy adventures. I dont think it is right at all. She knows I still love him. I see him all the time now cause she lives with me. I dont think she is a true friend if she does that

Best Answer

ik how ur best friend feels bc my "best friend" is dating my ex too... you feel betraed and alone. my bestfriend even promiesed me that she wouldnt date him and she did, so i just feel back stabbed, its not a good feeling, thats why were not friends anymore

Best Answer