I've been asked to help my friend get into shape, just to be healthier. But it's difficult to find something they are interested in doing, physically. They have unrealistic ideas about sports (never played any) and laziness issues. :(
disastercupcake disastercupcake 22-25, F 11 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Health

I invite my friend over to have dinner and not only make a healthy meal I encourage her to take a walk w me so we can chat and.catch up what's been going on w each other.. I know I doesn't seem like much but she always tells me I motivate her to be healthy because I make it seem so simple which in turn makes it attainable for her.

Best Answer

get p90x and force that person to workout with you

Best Answer

I could never force anyone to do that. It's hard enough to get me to do it

Best Answer

well just start slapping the person around til you get chased all the time :P

Best Answer

Haha. I remember my mum used to chase me with a fork so I would be good at running... oh man have times changed

Best Answer

Bring them with you to the gym and talk while on the treadmills or during other random exercises

Best Answer

THEY GOTTA stop eat bread and butter

Best Answer

Walk and stop eating meat, dairy, eggs and processed food. Your friend will drop 30 pounds in a month or two.

Best Answer

lol. I counsel in nutrition, but words mean nothing to a habitual bad eater. =/

Best Answer

If he's a man tell him about the connection between meat, dairy, eggs and erectile dysfunction. If she's a woman tell her about the connection between meat, dairy, eggs and breast cancer.

Best Answer

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm not on that bandwagon. I pretty much only eat meat, dairy and eggs, since I was born. My family is the healthiest I know.

Best Answer

Well, good luck with your friend anyway.

Best Answer

Just go for a walk in the evening. No pressure, then do it regularly. Then try a Saturday morning walk in a state park-a hiking trail. Make it not like exercise.

Best Answer

Start my dragging them out regularly for a half hour walk. Vary the routes and set the pace so they have to breathe hard, which will mean speeding up over time.

Best Answer

I have tried and failed. There's nothing you can do if they aren't serious about wanting to lose weight.

Best Answer