She was an ideologue, didn't do it for the money.
Brainyblonde Brainyblonde 66-70, F 11 Answers Aug 22 in Politics

Well, I know some of her friends protested the executions of the Rosenbergs. I don't know if she was personally involved, though. She was fairly apolitical until she met my dad.

Best Answer

Tie her hands and smother her in her bed.

Best Answer

Other than this "other life" was she a mother who was there for her kids .... did she attend the school plays, bake the cookies for the bake sale, be their for her daughter's or son's first heartbreak ... for some a job identifies who they are while for others it's just a job seperate from their family ... I think as long as the mother allowed her children to become free thinkers all is ok

Best Answer

You may not have contemplated the meaning of ideologue. Your answer was unintentionally hilarious and made me laugh out loud several times.
I wrote and starred in a school play when I was about 8; Mom was a no show, arriving after the performance and then apologizing profusely--to the school, not to me. I stood there backstage in my costume and she ignored me.
The concept of my mother baking--or even eating--a cookie is absurd. Believe me, we did not own a cookie sheet nor did my mother have time for such silly petty bourgeous nonsense.
I don't think my mother ever attended a bake sale--although she was the director of a nursery school.
My first heartbreak was....my boyfriend, with whom I had lived for over a year had been beating me and threatening to kill me....I was 19 and knew little about love.....ran home to Mom. Told her he was hitting me. She said, "GOOD!" And then she hit me across the face. Then the phone rang; it was my boyfriend and she gave him her address. She handed me over to him telling him she didnt want me. He drove me back to our apartment/prison slapping me and laughing as he called me an orphan because my mother had abandoned me to my fate......
Your sweet view of life was not shared by my mother, I assure you. She would have considered it sentimental and very unsophisticated.

Best Answer

Ok that surely paints your own mom in another entirely different picture. Sounds like a cold hearted person, maybe that's how she found it easy to be a spy for the Soviet Union ... an unremorseful person who surely found emotions a sign of weakness. Sorry about that.

Best Answer

Although I am sure she did see emotions as weakness, I am not convinced she was without empathy. She did what she did for the same reason most Americans who did this did it--she was a red diaper baby and the daughter of a leftist martyr.....I am not sure she could have done anything else. She got involved at the age of 11..............

s

Best Answer

s

Best Answer

From 1927 to 74, Portugal had a fascist dictatorship.
Most of the opposition "worked in exile". One socialist went as far as to desert from the army and join a radio in Argelia where he divulged Portuguese troops movements to the enemy. Some years ago, he ran for presidency.
/
There was a strong communist party. I never approved of their ideology but I've always admired their courage. They didn't ran away, they stayed underground, printed newspapers, organized strikes and protests. Their leader was a brave man, not like that socialist deserter. Most communists around here honestly believed it was a way to bring progress, justice and equality.

Best Answer

Think she was a fool

Best Answer

I'd question what her motive was.

Best Answer

As I said, her motive was ideological. She was a long time dedicated Marxist-Leninist-Stalinist.

Best Answer

In that case, my reaction would be one of big disapproval. Marxism is one thing but Lenin and Stalin were cold blooded murderers.

Best Answer

Shake my head. shrug my shoulders. And think what a waste of a life.

Best Answer

Learning something like this cannot be quite so easily and lightly dismissed. Remember that you are now having to re-evaluate a lot of memories and beliefs and understandings as they emerge in your mind from an overwhelming haze of lies. Whether you think this kind of thing is awful or otherwise, the camera angle on the movie of your life is now shifted and a lot that you thought was true has been obliterated.

Best Answer

Well i think it would only have that effect if my mother was a avid supporter of the capitalist system and an anti communist activist outwardly for those years. But if she was just a normal day to day mother then it would not hit so much. Of course finding out your mother is a traitor can be demoralizing. But finding our she was so naive is what would cause me to shake my head and think she had wasted her life on a fairy tail called communism.

Best Answer

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I had posted a bunch of stories about my mother and my childhood but they were so painful and depressing that I deleted them. My mother posed as a liberal. But she lived according to much more extreme standards secretly. She switched personalities like a fine actor. She was a child care expert who taught non violence and patience in child rearing but who secretly acted quite otherwise when alone with me. She had a LOT of secrets and I think it made her feel powerful.

Best Answer

Sounds like she had problems with her mind that lead to her political activities. Maybe the desire to be important? She does sound a bit like a psychopath the way she treated you compared to the what she was teaching and promoting to others.

Best Answer

I think it would be cool. :)

Best Answer

I understand! It is certainly not a boring thing to discover about one's background. In a lot of families, the big hush hush family scandal is that Aunt Millie is rumored to have been pregnant before she married Uncle Bart.... This is difficult but it does explain a lot of previously confusing things in my life and I do admit it is NOT boring.

Best Answer

If there was no greed involved n she did it because she thought it was right.....i would excuse her.

Best Answer

I suppose that this is, to some extent, my attitude. But there are some aspects that are hard to deal with. I do love my country. And please remember that any person with kids who risks his or her life doing this is an ideologue and such people ALWAYS put their cause above anything and anyone

Best Answer

Yes u r right. Many situations in ones life are not that simple n easy to live with....

Best Answer

And that is the truth for sure.

Best Answer