flurry1 flurry1 46-50, F 14 Answers Jan 8, 2013 in Friendship

My friend had cancer and it was awful. She refused my help cuz she had other people helping which i am glad because I wouldn't be strong enuff to see her thru it (selfish init cuz she was suffering, not me) and appreciated her telling me, so now I text her every week to make sure she is ok. I plan to see her next month when she feel well enough to have visitors. Poor girl. <br />
Overall, it's not easy knowing that a friend have cancer and you thinking why them? They didn't deserve that illness.

Best Answer

I'd be pretty devastated but I'd try not to show it..I would try not to behave any differently around them..I guess it depends on the person but I'd try and act the way I'd want someone to act around me if they found out I had cancer.

Best Answer

I would be very sad. <br />
If you are asking how you should support them, there are many excellent web sites that address this issue. One of the biggest complaints I have heard from people with cancer is that people don't know what to say or how to act, so they slink away leaving the cancer victim feeling deserted at a time when they need support.<br />
My prayers to you and your friend.

Best Answer

This is happening to me more frequently these days. I react with love and support. Drive them to their treatments and listen to them when they need to talk. Help out with their kids, anything at all. Just be there for them. Don't let any discomfort you feel keep you from maintaining your friendship. One friend I did lose told me that was the worst when friends would stay away from them

Best Answer

Ask about the nature of it. Ask if there is anything I can do to help- like get her to doctor's appointments and that sort of thing. Tell her I'm around if she does need anything. Pray for her.

Best Answer

You sound like a good friend.

Best Answer

I try to be. But I don't have many.

Best Answer

Same way everyone reacted to my heart attack. Couldn't give a ****. "lets see if we can give him another one"

Best Answer

i do have a friend with cancer, she's been gong through a hard time recently with it even though she's had it for many years on top of that i just found out she had a heart attack, but says she's going ok - at least for now

Best Answer

lost many to it over the years seens to have a higher rate for those thate spent play time in viet nam<br />
but i also know i beat it as a child i havehad one false + at age 15

Best Answer

Its so sad that lives are cut short.

Best Answer

yes my wife never came home she gave her life over there in siagon on 1/14/1967 so the next few days are going to be bad

Best Answer

Encourage him/her that they’ll survive it and it can be treated. Even if deep down you doubt they’ll actually make it, telling is not going to help.

Best Answer

Tell them that I'm sorry and be there for them.

Best Answer