I know someone who has a bunch of female friends- he says he gives them good advice, helps them when in trouble, etc. He admits that he "charms" them and they usually become codependent on him. But he won't date any of them or reciprocate when they are attracted. It sort of creeps me out when he says they are "needy". Is he playing with them?? Or am I paranoid about his intentions? I hate to misjudge, but there are quite a few of them who can't seem to cut loose from this guy. He is quite intelligent too and seems sort of down on women in general. Doesn't trust anyone's intentions. Is that just a reflection of the fact that he can't be trusted? And he admits that he flatters them. Keeps them apart from one another because they are so jealous. Says that he is just being considerate and well intentioned. Something just seems wrong to me. Could all of the women be that ridiculous?
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 8 Answers Nov 5, 2009

A sociopath, which we used to call a psychopath, has these symptoms:<br />
- Breaks the law repeatedly<br />
- Lies, steals, and fights often<br />
- Disregards the safety of self and others<br />
- Does not show any guilt<br />
To receive a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder and be considered a sociopath, a person must have shown behaviors of conduct disorder during childhood. People with antisocial personality disorder may also have the following signs:<br />
- Anger and arrogance<br />
- Capable of acting witty and charming<br />
- Good at flattery and manipulating other people's emotions<br />
- Substance abuse and legal problems

Best Answer

Sociopaths are charming, and on the surface, are "really nice guys" Think Ted Bundy. He was a soicopath. They have little real emotion, but hide this well. They are manipulative, and they need the love and respect of their victims. I don't know if this guy is a sociopath or not, but he definately has some issues and I would stay far, far away. As for the other women, you can't change other people or control their actions, so it is unlikely you will be able to convince them hd has a problem.

Best Answer

well,i dont know how to put it in words,but,this bloke sounds a little bit wrong to me,too much game playing & manipulation.

Best Answer

I am a Psychology student and that sounds like a Sociopath to me. A Sociopath radiates all those qualities plus no empathy or sympathy skills whatsover. The women are blinded by the charm because their sexual gratification is stronger than their minds. Sociopaths love that control and their next hunt is a motivational goal towards the meaning of their own existance.

Best Answer

This sounds like 60% of the population! Just guessing. <br />
I don't trust anyone either but I'll give them a chance. But if you are looking to have a relationship with him, you would want to know more about him!

Best Answer

There are over a hundred stories here on EP under the "I am a sociopath" group. I'd go straight to the horse's mouth, so to speak. The few stories I read were pretty interesting...

Best Answer