Assuming every country in the world unilaterally agreed that disputes would be settled exclusively with their military robots in an agreed area that was uninhabited by humans.
albatross33 albatross33 31-35, M 10 Answers Feb 20 in Community

And the Chinese take over because the produce knockoff robots from stolen patents cheaper than anyone else.

Best Answer

That would be perfect, except the Mongolians string puppets would be annihilated

Best Answer

One country would not follow that agreement and win by directly attacking an inhabited area. The system wouldn't work because it makes the country who doesn't follow it extremely strong.

Best Answer

I would immediately cut military spending down to zero :)

Best Answer

Meaning the private sector would be responsible for national defense? hmm..."Introducing the iKillbot, coming this fall to our Nation's defense"

Best Answer

Who needs national defense when the world unilaterally agreed not to go to war?

Best Answer

no, no-we have agreed to not use human beings for war; it still exists, only we use robots now.

Best Answer

Instead of having "fighting" robots, why not have "negotiating" robots? Without ego, successful negotiations and compromise might actually occur.

Best Answer

Because watching a 50 foot tall English war machine slugging it out with an Ironclad German behemoth with American and Russian robots stepping in is way more awesome than watching a few robots attempting to mimic human conversation.

Best Answer

I think peace would be cooler than war.

Best Answer

Is it not peace if humans have stopped fighting and killing one another?

Best Answer

When destroying each others infrastructure (i.e. robots) fails go garner the desired results, "leaders" will once again resort to destroying people. It's the nature of war.

Best Answer

Un inHAbited? Then I'd not be here and thus don't care

Best Answer

Well of course we'd get to watch

Best Answer

There is always someone that will not adhere to the rules of engagement. But, I do not believe that day is far away.

Best Answer

I realize this, but to honestly answer the question it's necessary to cast aside our concept of the world we live in and embrace this hypothetical world where this is the norm.

Best Answer

It would be a spectator sport.

Best Answer

Someone would be selling tickets.. I'd buy one :)

Best Answer

The more I think about this, the cooler it sounds in my head

Best Answer

*nods in agreement* :D

Best Answer

Wait a few years and find out.

Best Answer