my husband demands me to trust him when i really do but i get upset because he accuses me of being jealous but he doesn't allow me to have male friends because im a married women but why he can have female friends when he is married too???????????>>>
marielove83 marielove83 26-30, F 21 Answers Sep 17, 2012 in Marriage

Maybe I'm old fashion ,but why do married people NEED friends of the opposite sex. I thought that's why you have each other. That's what my 27 years of Marriage tells me. :)

Best Answer

thats my point of view

Best Answer

It;s really not about trusting HIM.. It's about trusting YOURSELF enough to know you will be fine, no matter what he may say or does..

I know he is expecting you to accept 'double standards', which is unfair, but it goes to show that he is as insecure as you are...!

There appears to be a self-confidence problem with both of you that may come from different places but result in the same problem. He is a man and may feel that men always see women as potential 'prey', but doesnt tar himself with the same brush!

with you, is it your husband or other women that you dont trust..? I suspect it's your husband. Has he ever done anything to cause such mistrust? You cant control what he does, only how you respond to it... the more fuss you make over his female friends, the more he will rebel ! better to work on your confidence but filling your life with other things and pretend to be indifferent to his female friends- after all, he is married to YOU and thats makes YOU the Queen of HIS castle..!

Best Answer

It's not wrong to have opposite sex friends, it just isn't wise when you are married. It's hard enough to stay happily married these days and that is just a chance for temptation so you're not worried for no reason. He needs to tone it back a little and realize the position in which he's putting you and the marriage. He IS wrong, however, in continuing his friendships despite your concerns. He should have more respect for you as his wife (and the marriage in general) than he does his friendships with other women. Your concern is his concern because you are married but he's ignoring that. It's a complete double standard that he expects you not to have male friends but you just have to accept his women friends. It needs to be equal, or, if he can't accept your opposite sex friends, then he needs to get rid of his. Opposite sex friends in marriage is not wise!

Best Answer

well that's because ur hubbie,,, being a guy,,, knows there's no way can ever trust another guy w/you--- simply put,,,we're not built that way. Every guy, ok forget the 15-20% who today be gay,, is only on any girl for 1 reason,,, hopes to get lucky and score. Every, non gay, guy who says otherwise is a total liar.

Best Answer

Find some male friends. Fight fire with fire.

Best Answer

One side can but the other side can't. At least its a fair marriage....... :|

Best Answer

And what do u think of ur husband's saying? agree or dis-agree?

For me..its all matter of TRUST...and if we truly love someone we will trust that he.she will not betray us...so why worry?

And married is not a reason for not having male or female friends for both husband and wife....cos if he/she is going to leave one day ..then it will happen...

Best Answer

The wife and I both have friends of the opposite sex,since we have become friends with each other's friends.

Best Answer

Men are idiots. And cannot be trusted.

Best Answer

ehem* ...some men are idiots and cannot be trusted!

Best Answer

go with your freinds to a male ***** club, when he gets wind of that justr say hey i'm just watching, also get some male friends, tell him if it's ok for you, then it's ok for me.

Best Answer

cuz he has a penis. just sayin.

Best Answer

Best Answer

I would ask if there are any other red flags lying about .....

Best Answer

That appears extremely quirky, I definitely would be curious. But that is my opinion

Best Answer

ha ha... do you have a prenup?

Best Answer

sounds like a vibrant healthy relationship..

Best Answer

serious

Best Answer