What would make it justified, if anything? Would you just let them rob you blind or potentially cause harm to your family? The law in most of the USA believes you should..do you agree?
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25, T 28 Answers Dec 7, 2012 in WTK

Waste the ***** in a heartbeat , no question . Alternative ; here lies John Citizen and his family ,brutally slain by unknown intruders , wife and daughter violated during crime, but the good news is folks , THEY OBEYED THE LAW ! !. Questions; 1) what ******* use is that . 2) who are the idiots who implement said laws ? , 3) do they ,by chance have access to more comprehensive security than we do ? 4) are these the same people who say "you can't defend yourself with lethal force " , but will send you off to another country to kill heaps of people , because they don't like their politics . Bust into my joint ,and your'e dead ,end of story , f....ck what the govt. says.

Best Answer

"He took my DVD player so I killed him!" "I love my blender so much I'll kill anyone who tries to part us". Realistically I'm not going to kill people over replaceable things; that's just daft as is risking your own life over a toaster.

If they place me or my family in danger then I'd kill them.

Best Answer

right!

Best Answer

heck ya....i got kids...i would kill anyone trying do harm and a danger to my babies i would think twice

Best Answer

if they tried to escape I would let them, but if they threatened me or my family I would defend myself and them and if the intruder got killed it would be justified. Now in the U.K. the rights of the housholder have been strengthened, in one case 3 or 4 men entered a house, the housholder felt threatened and used a shotgun, two men injured, the judge sentenced them to long jail terms and said if they broke into a house then they must expect the housholder to defend him/herself. Here in Germany, still the intruder seems to be treated better than the householder. very stupid.

Best Answer

Same here in America - The Intruder is treated better by the law.

Best Answer

If they intended to do harm for me, yes. If they're stealing my TV, no.

Best Answer

Why not? What if they come back? You're not at all mad they're taking your things?

Best Answer

I'll call the police and take proper precautions so that it doesn't happen again. But a life is not worth an inanimate object to me. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I took a life over a possession.

Best Answer

if i really wanted to kill somebody, i'm sure i could find a better way to go about it

Best Answer

Morally, probably. But immediatley following a shooting on your property, there is always an investigation. If you can't prove you were justified under the law, which varies from place to place, you are going to jail for aggravated assault or manslaughter. Defending what is yours should include your freedom and your legal rights. Even if you kill the intruder, your story continues, as soon as the cops show up. Be aware of the laws please , you will need to back your actions up or your life changes forever too.

Best Answer

PART OF New York Penal Law ยง 35.20 states:

" 1. Any person may use physical force upon another person when he or

she reasonably believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate

what he or she reasonably believes to be the commission or attempted

commission by such other person of a crime involving damage to premises.

Such person may use any degree of physical force, other than deadly

physical force, which he or she reasonably believes to be necessary for

such purpose, and may use deadly physical force if he or she reasonably

believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or

attempted commission of arson.

Best Answer

"other than deadly physical force." I've heard of criminals suing homeowners because they were injured in the act of trying to rob a house as well. Courts rake people over the coals regardless of what the law states as "any degree of physical force."

Best Answer

"ay use deadly physical force if he or she reasonably
believes such to be necessary to prevent or terminate the commission or attempted commission -of arson-" the last two words being the key to the, "use of deadly force" portion of that law.

Best Answer

The criminal suits are civil, not criminal matters- as far as I know (and perhaps wrongly) convicted criminals are allowed to sue their victims for injuries sustained at the scene of the crime- their homes. Years ago a convict fell through a skylight and as I recall was successful

Best Answer

I gave you the statute- I know what it says. a defendant can be convicted even if the home (or, the Court of Appeals has held), car, boat etc. are empty because it is reasonable to presume places people inhabitate are inhabited

Best Answer

If they are accused of a crime, they are tried in a criminal court, due to either an indictment or an information for some misdemeanor..Otherwise, regarding falling through a roof...wouldn't it depend on the case? Those attempting to commit theft should never have the right to sue because they were injured on the premises they planned to rob.

Best Answer

Crimonal presecutions can occur by various instruments and are tried in criminal courts. Re the civil suits filed by criminals- The closest knowledge of Law I have is that about 30 years ago it became illegal to inherit from any one you were convicted of murdering or from profitting off media (books mostly) about the crime

Best Answer

That still seems to be in effect today.

Best Answer

Yes- those laws were put in response to (i'm guessing) Bernie Goetz- aka the Subway Vigilante--he wasn't allowed to profit from his crimes

Best Answer

Actually I think it was before that, the "Son of Sam" law. I don't exactly agree with Goetz being a criminal either.

Best Answer

Statute or common law? I thought a specific statute was drafted in response to this

Best Answer

I believe they did make it more specific than it had been originally. Not sure regarding statute or common law.

Best Answer

specificity of the legislature often responding to the courts' public opinion fueled common law is statutory

Best Answer

My goodness. God forbid. I don't even want to think about that. :'(

Best Answer

Morally justified and legally justified are two different things.

Morally would depend on the person. Legally would depend on the laws of the state.

Where I live, burglary is a felony, and under the current laws, a person is justified in using force, up to and including deadly force to protect life and property.

Being an armed citizen, myself, I wouldn't hesitate in attempting to stop an intruder. Stop, being the operative word.

Best Answer

we have heavy skillets i would grab one and if all he or she was doing was looking for money i would laugh but the second the person acted like they was going to touch my boys or my phone or computer i would hit them in the head with a skillet and handcuff them to the electric pole outside in the back yard scare the **** out of them and then set them free with a false warning if they return they will never make it away the next time good thing about no one knowing me is they wouldnt know im to loving to harm anyone

Best Answer

See. Muli-purposing.

Best Answer

skillets are good for something for the longest time we had one in the back floor bored just incase it was needed

Best Answer

The laws vary throughout the different states & big cities in the US. But as a guide-the big cities, where most of the more strict gun laws are in place; those gun laws are effective-people who obey laws do not have guns. If they do, chances are they would be put in jail for protecting themselves against an intruder. The areas with less strict gun laws-those that have "The Castle Doctrine" (meaning one has a right to protect one's self, family & property) have lower crime rates because the outlaws know there is a chance that they might get shot. The answer to the original question-yes. Absolutely as I am protecting against an aggressor-he would be the one who is morally wrong and taking the risk. And best to kill him-empty the gun into him. Dead criminals don't tell lies or hire slimy, lying, yet convincing lawyers.

Best Answer

If they were trying to kill or harm your family, you are justified to kill them. If they are robbing you, try to apprehend them. If they haveaweapon, shoot them.

Best Answer

it would be foolish to break into my house, unless you like getting chased by coonhounds.

Best Answer