My family is very close and successful. I have two very preppy perfect older sisters as well. I didn't smoke or do drugs I just drank every once in a while at a party. In september I tried smoking weed. long story short, I smoke weed all the time, do heavier drugs (mdma, salvia, mushrooms) hangout with bad people (a lot older then me, going to prison) and I have no respect for my parents because they do not allow me to be me. They want me to be my sister. Now they want to send me to a foster home. I can stop doing drugs, delete all the people they don't like off facebook, come home everyday, be nice to them, play sports, go to my old school, keep training horses, not hangout with people or go out and be preppy. Or go to foster care and keep being myself and keep my friends. So do I go into foster care or be a fake person?
ralbs ralbs 16-17, F 17 Answers Dec 24, 2012 in Family Struggles

Hi, I hope you are well. I don't answer many questions on here because I don't believe in telling others what to do. I have read some of the answers on here and they either tell you what to do, try and scare you, or belittle you. That is most of the answers. I have not read all of them so perhaps there are a few well meaning ones. Anyways, I am not going to try to tell you what to do or scare you or preach to you. That's not me. All I can do is share my own experience and my hope with you. When I read your question I felt like I was reading something from my life. I was an honour roll student for the grades of high school that I did and even in elementary school I got excellent grades. I played on select sports teams, so teams where one had to try out to make it. I made it every year. Both my parents are professionals. And the lifestyle I chose to get into starting when I was 11 was not accepted in my house. So I understand the having to hide things, and the secrets and lies. For me I started drinking when I was 11. Then it went to weed, acid, mesculine, pcp, shrooms, crystal meth, crack, heroin. By the time I was 17 I was homeless. My parents kicked me out. So I was homeless and physically addicted to Heroin and also addicted to crack. Altogether it has been about 15 years now for me, since I am 31 of addiction, homelessness, jails, treatment centres, detox centres, psychiatric wards. Anyways, I don't want to take up much of your time and tell my whole my life story. I just most of all see a person who is doing what we do at that age and that is find themselves. And that is fine, and normal. And I want you to be true to yourself. But I also want you to be educated. So you can make an informed choice. Being a ward of the government, that is being in foster care, not a nice thing. Sure you might get a good one, but it will not be home and it never will. I guess most of all what I want to leave you with is the stakes are high. I am not going to lie and say I want you to go to foster care and continue doing drugs and all that. I want you to be true to yourself and be the best you can be. I think that you sound like me. In that, I know how to be to survive in that world. But the real, real me, is not that. I am not a fall down dope addict. Addiction is not glamorous. The thing is we don't see that until it is almost to late. Anyways. If you ever want to talk, I am here. No Judgement here. I accept you for who you are and where you are at. Please, just try and think about what the next right thing for you to do is. What is right for you. Thats it. And then, whatever that looks like, just do your best at it. In the end, that is all we can really do eachday. Take care.<br />
Sincerely libra604

Best Answer

Don't throw your life away at 16. The drugs are going to kill you. These people are not your real friends. Drug addicts rarely have real friends.

Best Answer

This is your brain, this is drugs, this is your brain on drugs ...any questions? ...anyone remember THAT commercial? ...enough said

Best Answer

your parents are trying to keep you from ruining your life. when you are a bit more mature, you will realize the "fake" person is the person you should try to be. hope it is not too late by then

Best Answer

You will probably be off to foster care pretty soon. Good luck with that. You will need it.

Best Answer

I think you are going through change and thats normal let me ask you a question do you want to die are you that depressed about life no dont do what your parents want you to do , do what makes you happy but make better choices and doing drugs is not smart you seem a lot smarter then this , your going to wind up being a waiste on drugs go and get detoicated and be you but a drug free you are only hurting yourself and your life not your parents I think you are too old to go to fostercare that your parents are just trying to put some common sence in to your detoicated brain

Best Answer

Stay away from messed up people who will just drag you down. Stay away thizz, shrooms and salvia. If you're a functional pot smoker then whatever, I have been for years. Don't throw away your future though that's just stupid. You could end up in jail or a pine box. You're young and could go anywhere in life, just remember, the hardest choices are usually right, so don't take the lazy, easy path.

Best Answer

Be a fake person. The other one is going no where very fast. Why do you want to be a loser, when you have been afforded everything.

Best Answer

idk if its really about being "fake" or going to a foster home...is anyone "real" when they do drugs...most ppl i kno do them to get away from the real...

Best Answer

**** both of those options and tell your parents to stop being *******.

Best Answer

and do better in school. cuz doing bad in school is nothing to **** with...

Best Answer