SkulzNRozes66 SkulzNRozes66 18-21, F 33 Answers Sep 29, 2010

Wrong in the context of morality? No. Wrong as two people casually dating to have fun? No, its not wrong.

However, problems begin to arise if the two become serious about a long term relationship. 19 year old men and women are not mentally mature -- the brain has not finished growing, certain parts of the brain are incomplete, and many neural pathways used in logical thinking, risk analysis, and other important human activities are not yet complete. Typically 19 year old people do not yet know themselves particularly well and not know themselves, ever where their brains complete, they would not be able to well judge and make decisions on things like committed relationships, marriage, and children.

I also have to question why a mature, self-aware man of 29 would want to date a 19 year old woman other than to take advantage of her and use her sexually. I am sure there are exceptions, but in general, the age and maturity levels are too far apart at this time for them to have a high probability of success in a long term relationship. Any 19 year old girl who is concerned about her own long term well being should also question why a 29 year old guy would seek a relationship with her.

After about the age of 25, a ten year difference in age probably is not so much that differences cannot be overcome. 25 is the age at which the brain in most people is physiologically complete. After that, age differences are not as crucial as long as "generational differences" do not interfere. At the end of WW-II, there was a great shortage of marriageable men and a relative overabundance of women. As a consequence, a ten year age difference was fairly common. Today, popular music, politics, philosophy, Information Technology, science, etc. is moving ahead so rapidly, that a few years difference can be nearly a lifetime.

In summary -- if she is dating him for fun and because he is a hunk with money, etc. then have fun. However, if she has aspirations of marrying an older guy and living happily ever after, chances of long term success are very small and she is being foolish. In either case, unless he is a very immature 29, he is probably a controller or an abuser out to take advantage of a younger woman. Beware.

Best Answer

Of Course Not!! Age Is Just A Number.

Best Answer

I think it's ok, although i do know you can be judged harshly by some. I am 23 and am dating a man that is 42 , until you've been there, done that you can't understand. As long as he's respectful and you're comfortable go for it. Just remember if it's a longterm relationship you will encounter different problems than you would with someone your own age. I

Best Answer

I don't think it is wrong because I personally have a friend who is 18 and dating a 31 year old but since they love each other I don't care much about age. As long as you know what you are getting into and realize that some people will not look upon you favorably because of the age difference and you do not care then I say go for it.

Best Answer

I do think it is a bit wrong. I mean, it is kinda young for a 19 year old to have a child, but for a 29 year old? Not so much. I think that if you want to be with that person who's so much older than you, I think you should wait... I'm not a Mom, this is also coming from 19 year old, lol

Best Answer

Go for it. 10 years is a good age difference to have. More often than not i have dated a lady a few years older than me, so nothing to really worry about.

Best Answer

It is not wrong until the relationship becomes serious. Once it gets to the serious stage, GET OUT. For reasons unclear to your young mind right now . You have some living to do yet and she is just looking for a hot young stud to care for her sexual needs. She may not be the one for you. I was in a realationship simular to yours at your age. When I sobered up enough to realize what was really going on I split the scene. She wanted me to raise her 4 kids! Found out later she had all kinds of STD's. I am so glad I never slept with her. A friend of mine did and he regreted it. For some reason he thought I was sleeping with her so he thought he would get him some. Well all he got was a trip to the dr. office and when he found out later I never slept with her he was mad.

Best Answer

no its not wrong.. age doesn't really matter. If you really like him go for it!!

Best Answer

Absolutely not. However everyone has his own opinions, and unless someone passes from the same experience, he can't judge. If you're happy that you should go for it. don't let people discourage you. I know 19 yr olds who are with a 29 year olds...and believe me, they are truelly happy...why should it be wrong? Love doesn't concern age...you should do what your heart tells you!

Best Answer

It is not wrong. But you do have to realize that age difference is more than just a number. He has already experienced that many more years of life than you. Things that you will want to explore because it is new & exciting to you, he will not want to be a part of because he's already been there, done that. I missed out on my senior prom because I was with an older man. I eventually married him and recently divorced him after 22 long years. I missed out on a lot of things

Best Answer

At 19 I dated and married a 28year old and it was grat at first but then all ni would here is your too young too understand and BS like that which lead to fighting and control issues and divorce. He was also scared I would leave for younger man.

Best Answer

No, it's not unless you have age preference and it's against your will...but if you like the person and you feel comfortable with each other...why not?

Best Answer

I know that this is clesha but no age is just a number and there isnt anything wrong with it. as long as you two have an understanding on the differance in your ages then nothing matters

Best Answer

there are many people with huge age gaps between them including me and my girlfriend so enjoy if you are in love

Best Answer

Go for it have fun....just remember that there are older 'bastards' and '*******' of course and a person of any age can make your world rock or turn your heart to stone.

Best Answer

age is just a number wen i was 18 i dated a 30 year old and loved it x

Best Answer

No; there is nothing wrong in what you ask. The only thing which can make it wrong is if you feel it to be wrong; so I am tempted to say that if you feel it *is* wrong then it is. This would be the only obstacle in your way and it is only *you* who knows how you feel. In other words, you wouldn’t need anyone’s Blessings or curse’s because you wouldn’t need one of them and you wouldn’t care about the other :-)

~F~

Best Answer

lol@more spicy.

Sounds good to me!

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer