My family is here in Canada, and I know my great grandfather was from Ireland. I have always loved the UK, ESPECIALLY Scotland, the culture and landscape capture me. I believe I will visit first to make sure, but has anyone ever went to live in another country to start a family, with nothing (I can get education in Canada before I go), no family in the new country.. what is your story? Should I really leave my family behind in Canada? I mean I can visit but not nearly as often as I would if I stayed. I just feel I would have such peace being in a beautiful country, I think I would flourish there, I am a big nature lover. Canada is great for nature, but I do love Scotland. Opinions?
brittbritt21 brittbritt21 18-21, F 14 Answers Nov 29, 2012 in Travel

You can always come back here to visit them or have them come to visit you. If you can make a life in Scotland, more power to you.

As for the landscape there, doesn't Newfoundland have a bit of that look to it? The towns themselves don't look anything like Scotland, but the landscape kinda has that Scottish highlands look to it, I think.

Best Answer

Come to Aberdeen - you'd love it lol. you can always visit your family from the roots you make in Scotland xxx

Best Answer

Are you mad ?

Best Answer

I live in a different country from my family. It's liberating in that you are completely free to do what you want, but if you are a family person like me it is also pretty lonely. If it is your dream to go there (as it's been my dream to stay in America... for now :p) the only solution is... be successful so you can see your family as often as you need and make those expensive long distance calls :) Live your dream, but don't forget where your roots are!

Best Answer

you should do what makes you happy if your family love and want the best for you they6 should support on what ever you choose to do with your life im sure you will visit eachother im from the uk and Scotland is a beautiful place :) x

Best Answer

I live in Scotland, and i have relatives in Canada somewhere called McCann ,could it be you.lol, ? But really if you want to move or stay a while longer ,you will manage fine here,and should be able to work etc,

Best Answer

yes.

Best Answer

If it's what you want to do then set your mind and do it. It's not like you can never come back if you change your mind later. You don't want to be an old fart wishing you had gone!

Best Answer

Everyone eventually does that. It's part of growing up.

Best Answer

Go ahead and do it while you're young and unencumbered. It's not like you can't move back to Canada if you don't like it.

Best Answer

Definitely visit first.

Best Answer

Follow your dream wherever it leads.

Best Answer

Do it! Take that leap!! Go for it!!

Best Answer

Go on dude! Expand your horizons...

Best Answer