shame , i just bagged a 60-1 shot. if i knew you were a like minded soul i could have forwarded the tip.<br />
i am partying right now, though in the morning light , hangover aside i will indeed be flushing my hard earned down the toilet. waiting for the next 60-1 .<br />
well done comrade. and may all your demons be vanquished for eternity.<br />
You've chosen a noble path.

Best Answer

hi nice to meet you. that's how it goes. gambling actually saddens me so much, i am totally blown away by the effect and devestation it has left many people. it is mind boggling. so much so that consciously i would not even gamble at all, not one dollar. it is the subconscious mind that i don't trust, if it takes over i am scared to relapse. very scared.

Best Answer

excellent foresight. just know, if you happen to fall off the wagon?
i will most assuredly will be picking up your sorry ***.
why?
because quite frankly you remind me of me.!
hang in there champ. and have a great free debt day. cheers

Best Answer

i hate it but it has become a part of me. if you want to talk about it more i post my views on gamblingtherapy.org and so can you. when you're ready.

Best Answer

I quit smoking in July.I had a few times that I was tempted to replace it with another addiction...so I started running.Maybe you can find a fun habit to look forward to.Im so happy for you!

Best Answer

Congratulations. 3 days probably feels like u are halfway up the mountain. Keep going and talk to us when u are feeling weak. Some days are harder and when the mind isn't busy is when it creeps in. Were here for u! Be honest too. If by chance u feel yourself sliding (which u won't because u are strong) don't look at it as having to start over, look at it as a skinned knee, get up, dust off and keep walking! :)

Best Answer

Nice

Best Answer

Well done, the longer you go, the easier it is.

Best Answer

Write when it strikes

Best Answer

My free support is with you.

Best Answer

were you gambling on gay dog fights?

Best Answer

love dogs too much to take this comment seriously

Best Answer

HIL-AR-I-OUS

Best Answer

dogs can be so cruel

Best Answer

Congrats. Gambling is a rough one to conquer. What else have you been doing to help this?

Best Answer

first of i have been happier on the inside that helps, i did so many other things too many to mention. main thing is redefining the word gambling, it is not called winning for a reason. sometimes i ask god why me? i guess dreams are for dreamers

Best Answer

I think that a lot of the addictions today are usually entwined with other addictions. Redefining yourself is a very hard thing to do...I stopped drinking over 11 years ago. I honestly did not know what to do...who I was, and that was a big wake up call for me. To actually acknowledge that something other than myself define me was really overwhelming at first. It took me a long time to rebuild what I had destroyed.

Best Answer

ty for sharing. i am not a drinker myself, but i have a very strong nicodine addiction i mean i can not go a day without a smoke, and i have spent a fortune on nicotine replacement therapy. the withdrawal is actually that bad. but with gambling addiction it is somewhat different, it is like drinking socially acceptable ok and it's everywhere. when i say i hate gambling people tell me to get real. if gambling was a demon i would shoot it down in an instant, it shouldn't exist period. my councelor said it was up to me, that is totally not fair, i am not made perfect.

Best Answer

Some people have the self control and use gambling as entertainment. I am glad you recognize that you do not have that self control and have stepped away. It took me a long time to get over the denial stage. Stay strong and find new activities that bring you satisfaction.

Best Answer