I was a programmer before but I stopped working for more than 10 years and now I want to go back to school to update my knowledge. I am just afraid that it will go to waste now that it's hard to get a job.
joyfulsweet joyfulsweet 36-40, F 20 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Parenting & Family

as long as you have breathe you should want to better you life. good choice.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

It's definitely not a waste of time. There are TONS of jobs in technology...especially if you aren't afraid to do contract jobs. I work in the IT industry and had no trouble getting a job while still in school in my field.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

welcome!

Best Answer

I took a HND in civil engineering at the age of 40, found the college work a little daunting.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

No, but be aware that you will have to continually update your skills and knowledge to fare well in that field.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

No, but you'll need to spend a lot of time catching up.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

I didn't see the programming part when I answered first. You'd probably catchup quickly. May I ask why you quit?

Best Answer

I got married, and my husband had a business so I had to help him out. Because of the economy we have to close the business.

Best Answer

No, its not too late. If you were a programmer, you have the right mindset for this. Programmers and other IT specialists are very much in demand. I say go for it.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

If you were out of it too long , then it may prove harsh to cope up.But there are few trends in technology where a fresh mindset is required.The old theory is totally abondoned making way for improvished techniques.Any such area of study may prove to be a boon for the future. Here experience or past studies aren't counted but the expertise in new techniques.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

No one is ever too old to learn something new.

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

You are welcome Joyful Sweet one

Best Answer

my dad is 40 and hes going to college for web designing

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

its never to late to start a new career

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

In Spanish they said "Nunca es tarde", no my friend you have a lot of time to start technology , my neighbour start studying at age 40 and he is great advocate now , technology have more connections !! go ahead !!

Best Answer