neverbroken21 neverbroken21 22-25, F 10 Answers Apr 13, 2012

Piece of cake.

Best Answer

I had mine removed about 6 years ago. Four small slits, including one at the top of the belly button (they put you out for it). Most people go home within 3 - 4 hours afterward. I told them I could feel weird at home (from being put under) just as easily as there, so I went home in less than 2 hours afterward. I never had any soreness of any kind, and they taped the small cuts. <br />
My surgeon is a good friend. While I was waiting in the holding room, he sent the anesthesiologist over to ask me which foot I was having removed. When i was just about to have a heart attack I looked over towards the nurse's station and saw him laughing his as*s off. He also told me that he had once removed a gall bladder in 8 minutes after the cuts were made. I just told him to take his time. Relax, there is nothing to it. You'll be fine, plus glad you got that thing out.

Best Answer

I'm waiting to see a surgeon about mine. It's like one of the most commonly performed procedures these days. I'll try to convince both of us lol. Na it'll all be good.

Best Answer

google it! and then change your name on hereĀ“to....wellsometimesimbroken21.

Best Answer

I have but I am unfortunately broken at the moment :( lol

Best Answer

My aunt died during the surgery. Good luck! :)

Best Answer

Oh No. Sorry to read this.

Best Answer

Laparoscopic or open? <br />
I had the open so I can only speak on that.

Best Answer

I am not really sure yet. They found stones today and the doctor said if there were stones they would remove it.

Best Answer

People I know that had it Laparoscopic were fine and went home that day and had no issues. The only reason I had the open was an emergency type thing because of a blockage and I was in the hospital for a week and it was pretty bad but it was alos 20 years ago. Your's would probably be Laparoscopic so you should have no issues.

Best Answer

My sis-in-law had hers removed recently. Everything went fine. She was sore for about two weeks after. Other than that, it was all good. You'll be alright.

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer