he made it this far, he is a man , he will find a way to survive

Best Answer

Stay in constant touch with him. He needs to know that you still consider him your dad, regardless of the turn of events. Its amazing how far that will carry him.

Best Answer

Best thing to do is, make sure dat u are available to him wen ever u r required, don't try to bring anything in connection to ur parents divorce nor abt ur mom...<br />
They are 2 individuals and sumthing did not worked btw them and the got out of the marriage bt u still part of ur parents, so its ur responsibility to be still b in good connection with them... Have a healthy rapport with both of them... Don't try to intrude or raise Questions abt their past lives or their lifestyles...<br />
If u r concerned for ur dad's wellbeing... try to take tym to spend sum hours with him, if he interested to do sumthing try to hang out with him if possible...atleast he can feel he is still a good father and can still have good days ahead...<br />
Divorce is an mental havoc in a family... I just pray he be strong to handle urself 1st well den u can generate positiveness for ur beloved ones...<br />
Act more like a frnd dan like his son... go out... and get sumthing wich he loves or likes ... fishing, chilling out for a beer,library, church, carpentry, automobile... anything which involves his interest.. share gud tym.. U too will feel happy .. and may b dis may give a good reason to understand u Papa more...

Best Answer

Dear Veti, I was in your place when I was 14. My parents divorced and it affected my father terrible. He was a big drinker which is what in many ways contributed to the divorce and which got worse when he lived alone. The reason I don’t like most of the answers is because they feed into your mistaken assumption that you are responsible for your dad’s well-being and happiness. YOU ARE NOT. Of course it is natural for you to love him and care for him and be concerned for him. But it sounds like you are allowing yourself to be consumed by the idea that his new life will be sad and depressed and that you must somehow spare him of that. You must not and in all likelihood you cannot. He will go through a transition period and it will take time for him to adjust to his new life and you should spend father-daughter time together, but you cannot compromise your own health worrying about something you cannot change. Be patient and love him. Take care of yourself; don’t have him worry about you. It will take time but it will get better. I promise

Best Answer

Are you in a position to live with him? Or maybe have a family member move in with him? B4 my father passed away, I spoke with him over the phone at least once a day and visited on weekends as much as reasonably possible. Is he aware of his depression or in denial about it? That determines alot in him getting help to overcome it. Good luck.

Best Answer