InnerBeauty12 InnerBeauty12 18-21, F 18 Answers Oct 30, 2012 in Depression

Eat a lot of chocolate, its a little like crack but more fattening. :)<br />
(Bad advice 58)<br />
Or look at the ad. Brookhaven Retreat, for depression.

Best Answer

YES! First and foremost stay in the now. Do not dwell on the past. Keep a gratitude journal. If things get to be too much seek help. Find your friends or make one and talk your head off. Find out what your strengths are and DO them. Go to the gratitude project on line and take the survey...take all of them! Do something nice for other people who need you, really need you. I could go on and on but, be creative! Hugs and if you need more suggestions please write to me!

Best Answer

I have been exploring the YouTube channel of woodwinkedx and recommend you do so as well. She has ideas I am working to incorporate into my own battles in a quest to overcome my depression.<br />
Also, don't be ashamed to seek the assistance you need (I've been working to get my head around that one as well)

Best Answer

fart until you die

Best Answer

try and think of the last recent happy memory you had something that made you feel good.

Best Answer

Wallow about in it until it passes.

Best Answer

When I am depressed I put my headphones on.

Best Answer

Take a long walk and get some fresh air and think things over

Best Answer

I Dance!(: But Maybe Dancing Won't Work For You So Just Go Out There And Try New Things Distract Yourself And Have A Good Time!(:

Best Answer

Some little things that helped me, play some music that you would normally enjoy (nothing mellow), force yourself to go for a walk and try to appreciate the outdoors, write a letter to yourself explaining how and why you are feeling what you are, read a mindless book, soak in a warm bath. <br />
I also did the following, when I was out of one of my low moods and actually feeling ok I made up a little box. In the box I put things that gave me comfort or made me smile. Things like a birthday card my sister gave me, a picture my daughter made me, a note I wrote to myself if happy memories. Then when I feel depression creeping back in, I get the box out. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't but still better than nothing.

Best Answer

be active, force yourself to get up and go for a walk each day. physical activity is essential. As a friend to commit to doing a walk with you each day, it will keep you more motivated.

Best Answer

Lost all my friends to depression

Best Answer

Then you force yourself and get out and be active. Having no friends is not an excuse not to.

Best Answer

You are responsible for you... and you are responsible for getting and being well

Best Answer

Talk about what is making you feel so down. I am here if you want to chat.

Best Answer

I do talk. It doesnt help:/

Best Answer

Are you talking to someone that cares and about the issues that are making you feel bad? These issues need to be faced head on before you can feel better. Feel free to contact me if you want to try it. I am here only to help others.

Best Answer

I talk to my family and I go to therapy. My family is great but sometimes its just not enough

Best Answer

Sometimes we have issues that we can't talk to family about. I know I have had those too. That is why it is sometimes easier to talk to a person on the internet. We don't know them and it makes it easier. I try to be here for others so if you need someone to talk to I am here. And I have been to hell and back so anything you may have experienced I can handle hearing about it.

Best Answer