Depression/anxiety is an illness which I have in the past suffered with.
It can make you think more negative about life.
But its the negative thoughts that keep you feeling the way you are.
In my case I turned the negative thoughts into positive thoughts whenever I could.
And over time it helped me a lot to feel better in myself.
It always depends how deep the depression is.
As some times it can take longer to feel better.
But through having positive thoughts its not impossible to help yourself feel better.
Yes you might still get a bad day-but you will over time get more good days.

Best Answer

I'm the same. These days I don't even feel anything towards my family anymore - I just feel numb. What kind of 'apathy' are you experiencing?

Best Answer

I recommend: http://sidroth.org/its-supernatural-network<br />
You will find answers if you listen long enough... keep on listening!

Best Answer

Hey I am exactly the same, I feel emotionally numb....it's a characteristic of depression, a defence thing. i hope it goes away...I would much rather feel pain than feel like this

Best Answer

I know how you feel (or in better words DON'T feel) and wish you didn't have to go through this. I want emotions back, I would gladly take sadness and pain instead of apathy.

Best Answer

You need the right medical help that is suited to your needs, it must be a nightmare living with this for you.

Best Answer

It is, I am trying but have a very bad psychologist.

Best Answer

Surely apathy and anxiety can't coexist together.

Best Answer

Why are you allowing this to happen? I've been there and I could say that once I surrounded myself with positive people and situations...all changed!

Best Answer

The apathy makes me not care if it happens. I have the best friends in the world and actually just got back from a night talking to them about really deep stuff and it should have made me feel better but I'm sitting here crying because I don't deserve good people in my life because I just don't care enough to get out of bed/hang out with them. This was my first social gathering in 2 months.

Best Answer

Are you seeing a therapist/taking any medication?

Best Answer

I have been trying multiple medications for years, currently I am off them because Klonopin made me feel apathetic, which is kind of weird now that I just have that feeling all the time.

Best Answer