Ive never really been able to relate to other woman the same age as me very well, but tommorrow my friend is introducing me and my partner to his new girlfriend and I really want to get off on the right foot with her.. How do I do this and what do I say when I first meet her? I want her to like me and know that I'm genuinely interested in making a good friendship.
Anonymous67 Anonymous67 18-21, F 9 Answers Apr 19, 2012

Make sure you shake her hand, or depending if you are a touchy person, give her a " oh my gosh, I have heard so much about you, finally nice to meet you hug"! Usually, when people do this or vice versa, that right there.... sets the tone for acceptance. Then depending on what your plans are, get some time to ask her questions about herself! Get a popular movie to watch, if you don't have anything to say, at least you guys will start commented on the movie and talking about something! Might find out if you guys have the same taste in movies.

Best Answer

I wish I could hug her and say something nice like that without being really awkward lol.. But the movie thing is a really good idea! I will definitely consider that.. Thank you so much for your help

Best Answer

No prob, good luck and have fun! It will be fine:)

Best Answer

Hi just wanted to let u know that the movie idea was genious! :-) we went an saw hunger games together at th cinema and had an awesome time do thank u for your advice

Best Answer

Awesome, I heard that movie was great! So glad everything went well! You rock!

Best Answer

Her being your friends girlfriend...a friendship with her isn't what you need to worry about right now....so just smile and shake her hand when you guys get introduced and comvo should flow from there.

Best Answer

How did your meeting go?

Best Answer

I know what you mean.. And does it also feel like they're jealous of you? And they secretly always try and be better than you? Its like a unofficial competition lol

Best Answer

Haha see you completely get it. I was just talking to my bestfriend about this the other day. We don't get dressed up and put on our make up to attract other men when we have boyfriends. We are always in an official secret competition with other females. It sucks but it's true.

Best Answer

Lol! That is so true! During all the times I've gotten ready to go on a night out I NEVER once think to myself I'm gonna look so hot for all the guys tonight.. It's always "I'm gonna look so much hotter than all those other b* tches tonight!" lol

Best Answer

hahahaha good stuff.

Best Answer

It went really well thank you :-) she is really nice and easy to get along with.. I don't know what I was so worried about

Best Answer

Well that's great. Glad things went well :)

Best Answer

Smile... don't cross your arms. <br />
Just be yourself...

Best Answer

Just be yourself and try to get to know the person. Show interest in getting to know the person and you'll be fine.

Best Answer

Thank you, I will definitely do that

Best Answer

Just listen, have no preconceptions, take every min as it comes and life the moment. IF you spend to much time thinking what you are going to say then it will sound false, unreal and out of context with the convo. Be yourself she may be around for life so you can't be two people for ever. The most important thing is to enjoy it...Oh and don't get hung up about how short her skirt is.......

Best Answer

Lol About the skirt thing.. Thanks I will try not to over think everything that will definitely lead to a fail lol

Best Answer

Don't you think its important that you also like her? You are BOTH meeting each other. But I'd say just be honest. Be polite and stuff and just be you. "Hi nice to meet you" is good. Why don't you wait until you know her and decide if she is someone that you want to make a good friendship with first. After you get to know her it will be a lot easier.

Best Answer

I didn't even think if i would like her or not that is a really good point! Thank you for bringing it up :-) and yes I was thinking about not being myself and being completely fake and bubbly which isn't me at all, I'm a quiet person but I should probably just be myself otherwise it might get a bit tiring trying to keep up an act! Lol

Best Answer

Just don't instantly punch her in the face because you're like SOO jealous right now.

Best Answer

Lol? Im not jealous at all.. We're all going on a weekend road trip together and I don't want it to be awkward because we don't get along

Best Answer

Just wait and see. SHE will be jealous first, because you two ( you and your friend ) just gets along like, SOO well and then she will constantly be next to him because people in general act like their partner is their own personal * object * and you don't want to lose your things don't you? Your weekend is going to be like, SOO awkward...
Lol I just like making up scenarios sorry, it's part of my job.. Wich is also a scenario. Get it?

Best Answer

LOL thaaanks.. Looks like I'm in for an awkward weekend then...lol but that's why I want to get on the right foot with her to begin with so it's not awkward and so she knows I don't have any interest in stealing her boyfriend at all.. I just want us all to get along

Best Answer