As a liberal, I am more or less rooting for Obama... but many people, myself included, are being hit hard by this difficult economy and becoming so desperate, they'll believe anything they hear... if by some miracle there were suddenly an abundance of jobs Obama would probably have the election in the bag.
crotus crotus 51-55, M 32 Answers Aug 1, 2012

He really stands for money, and how he can get the most of it.

Best Answer

Yes, and now it's coming out that the reason he won't release his tax returns, is because he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years, while he collected millions - and the estimates of his net worth (at about $250 million) are way underestimated.

Best Answer

And how do you or anyone other than him and the IRS know that to be a fact? The person supposedly telling this to the liar and land fraud expert, Harry Reid is a Obama supporter. Bain Capitol is run by hard core liberals and Obama supporters now and has been for over 10 years now. Romney was gone from Bain so again, How would they know this? Another thing, Romney has had political aspirations for many years now. Governor of Massachusetts, ran for President once (primary) and is running now. So please explain the logic of why if he is running for high office would he not py any income tax and risk the IRS comming after him in the middle of an election? You can say he is stupid, but he is smarter than you and most of us because he is a self made millionaire. You can't have it both ways. Please try to give logical answers.

Best Answer

You don't need smarts to become rich. You just have to be willing to cut down anything- and anyone- in your way.

Best Answer

Yeah, that's pretty appalling to broke people like me who can't even pay their bills!

Best Answer

If thats the case then you are going to love this one
"Newport Beach City Manager Dave Kiff billed the campaigns of President Obama and presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney for police security at their separate fundraisers this year in the city.
Now that the Romney campaign paid its bill, the city is left in the awkward position of trying to collect from Obama.
"We cannot reimburse any agencies," Milien said. "We make that clear from Day 1."
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/30/local/la-me-0730-obama-bill-20120730
So the taxe payers of that city are stuck holding the bag for oblunders security.

Best Answer

Hey, that is a pretty darn cool avatar she's got, now that you mention it...

Best Answer

SOME people actually see him as a "self-made millionaire." Actually, he inherited millions from his father and then used his corporate and political connections (plus various tax dodges and company-gutting ruses) to increase the millions even more.

Best Answer

Care to give us info on when the Bush-Cheney people reimbursed cities for providing security when they blew into town (not to mention police escorts, tied-up traffic, etc.)? I won't hold my breath until you come up with the answer, cali.

Best Answer

It's the Carina Nebula.

Best Answer

yes he does

Best Answer

mitt is a master of double speak he very rarely has the same stance on any issue more than two days in a row

Best Answer

franklyspeaking Bush- Cheney aren't running, 0bama won with an 'I'm not Bush campaign', Bush bashing won't work this time but Romney can win with an 'I'm not 0bama campaign'

Best Answer

He stands for enriching himself and his cronies. His "economic plan" is a pack of glittering generalities that contains no specifics. He will be a puppet of right wingers and huge corporate interests who continue to promulgate the myth that if ONLY we would further enrich the top 1%, the money and jobs would magically "trickle down" to the rest of the citizens. <br />
He stands for keeping his tax records secret, his financial records from the Utah Olympics secret, and his emails from his tenure as Massachusetts governor a secret. <br />
He stands for a confrontational foreign policy, even though he personally sat out the Vietnam war as a Mormon missionary assigned to the rigors of proselytizing in Paris, France. <br />
I love it how conservative right wingers are all up for getting into wars but did not take the opportunity to serve when they had the chance. Chickenhawks, the whole lot of 'em.

Best Answer

I agree with you Frank, he does have a lot of unanswered questions and subscribes to that same tired old trickle-down theory... but I'm curious, if he is really that far to the right, how did he manage to get elected governor of a liberal state like Massachusetts?

Best Answer

recently, he is quoted as favoring the idea of world war 3, as he stated in israel during his visit. yummm... a twit ceo with a finger and a button and a bible and a view of grandeur who isn't fearful of the ramifications of a world war centered in the middle east as a starting ground.. just what grand f'ing economy will this bring us?? how stupid he is, how utterly stupid can this man get? apparently, he has no limit on that regard.

Best Answer

franklyspeaking 0bama stands for enriching himself and his friends with taxpayer money through crony capitalism. 0bama stands for keeping his educational records and transcripts secret, he stands for keeping his birth records secret. 0bama stands for a groveling foreign policy that includes bowing to and kissing the hand of foreign Kings.
While many Conservatives were serving in the military 0bamb was attending a Madrasah Exactly when did 0bama serve in the military? oops never! And apparently you stand for freedom of religion except in the case of Mormons.

Best Answer

mitt is baffled by mitt..wheres the jobs in his non vision? oh wait he'll move them to china or india or viet nam..or take the new tax break for the 1%ers and deposit it in the caymans..ya

Best Answer

I'm speaking as a Canadian here, but my understanding is that his campaign is kind of similar to how our Prime Minister won.<br />
Right wingers often successfully style themselves as better stewards of the economy than left wingers. So Romney will be the fatherly hand that will judiciously cut unnecessary government spending while keeping taxes low - especially on the wealthy as low taxes on the wealthy will encourage them to invest in the US economy. This is hand in hand with his social conservatism.<br />
I of course think the above is absolute horse **** and he's a rich ******* looking out for the interests of other rich ********. However, that's the line I've been fed.

Best Answer

Very perceptive analysis, Barvo, I couldn't have stated it better myself... I'm surprised however at how similar politics in Canada seems to be -- I thought you guys were way more liberal than us.

Best Answer

We are - our Conservatives are on par with your Democrat party for economic policy. And I'd call our liberal party right of centre as well. The axis of left to right moves depending on where you are.

Best Answer

as a canadian d ont bother its none of your business

Best Answer

Apparently you are not paying any atention to the campaign. His positions and what he stands for are all out there, even if the liberal media won't tell you the truth. Go to his website and other supporters of his. Watch FOX, listen to the radio, go online, and read, it is all there. If you are one that only believes MSNBC or CNN or the "alphabet" networks are the only sources, you are an Obama supporter and will not bother to check all the sites available. These sources are like asking a newly divorced woman what a great person her ex husband is. You will not get the full story and likely to get only the very worst and exaggerated or lies about the ex. These organizations make no bones about being against Romney and for Obama, so you will only get one side. Read both sides and use your head and some common sense and you can figure out the truth about Romney and Obama if you really want to know about them.

Best Answer

WATCH FOX?

Best Answer

Great post!

Best Answer

Why not, Lauraleedee? Afraid of the truth?

Best Answer

No, I never watch them, they're way too far right for my taste.

Best Answer

Try to find out the truth about Romney's taxes, the financial records of his Utah Olympics management, and the emails from his tenure as Massachusetts governor (emails which were supposed to be retained because they were official business). Yes, just TRY to find that information.

Best Answer

Laura, that dude's already brainwashed.

Best Answer

Amen, I watch cnn abc cbs mslsd. ya have to see the other side or your just an ostrich with your head in the sand.

Best Answer

No achance.

Best Answer

He's totally brainwashed, Laura. Lost cause.

Best Answer

He's been brainwashed already.

Best Answer

yes, by all means, when the frenj are realized for the liars and self serving fools they are, the right will eventually see what a moron they have picked for their candidate.

Best Answer

And once again Orion displays that famous liberal civility.

Best Answer

I think he has the election anyway - the more one sees and learns of Romney the more disturbing the picture becomes.

Best Answer

He stands for bigotry , ignorance and shafting the working man.

Best Answer

DEFINITELY

Best Answer

Exactly

Best Answer

along with any lie that comes along that condemns the other side without defining anything about what he is FOR

Best Answer

Obama is a lier?.and not Romney?..Funny how the ultra-conservatives on EP constantly make statements like this without ever offering any proof......We know who the big lier is in this presidential race, and it's not President Obama..........<br />
Even Republicans like "The American Conservative's" Daniel Larison wonder why Romney lies so much, concluding that the former Massachusetts governor is "so contemptuous of the people he tells lies to he never thinks he will be found out."..http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2012/01/12/mitt-romneys-lies/......<br />
There are many other credible sources that Romney is a lier including "Mitt Romney: A man of falsehoods"..http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mitt-romneys-enviable-ability-to-lie/....Eighty verifiable Romney lies at http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/05/06/1089327/All-of-romneys-lies/......"Mitt Romney lies all the time" (Video)..http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/22/rachel-maddow-mitt-romney-lies-all-the-time/....As far as califdom's statement about John Sununu's quote about "Obama endorsed by Hugo Chavez", I guess califdom hasn't read "Hugo Chavez::Obama is 'a clown' and 'an embarrassment'...http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hugo-chavez-obama-is-a-clown-and-an-embarrassment/....By the way, Sununo used to be George H.W. Bush's chief-of-staff, who "was eventually fired because he used government jets for personal travel, constantly"..http://wonkette.com/478584/george-h-w-bush-flunky-still-mad-about-democrats-and-their-weed/

Best Answer

Obama is a liar.

Best Answer

Kermit is a frog.
Miss Piggie is just Sarah Palin in a bacon suit.
The FRENJ are truthful, well intended gentlemen with no axe to grind.

Best Answer

you are not alone....

Best Answer

Possibly like some politicians he entered with honest and positive intentions until the machine found a way to recalibrate these...as it invariably does...<br />
And thence money and power does corrupt....<br />
So, what does he stand for...?<br />
The status quo thus established many many years ago under the pyramidical structures societies have laboured under since the later Neolithic times...just under different guises...<br />
He is just the figurehead, a sound bite...a break within the commercials...check out <br />
Gil Scott Heron: "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" - how prescient...or "We don't need no re-Ron "<br />
B-movie<br />
Etc etc...

Best Answer

Are you crystal clear on what oblunder stands for ?<br />
John Sununu sums up the 2012 race with a single observation:<br />
“Obama gets endorsed by Hugo Chavez and Mitt Romney gets endorsed by Lech Walesa.”<br />
The choice couldn’t be more clear.

Best Answer

"Oblunder"?? Had it not been for the 8 years of the Bush-Cheney blunders and downright stupidity, President Obama might not have been elected. So, in an ironic way, we can thank the Bush-Cheney people and the right wingers for President Obama's election.

Best Answer

you can blame the media for oblunders election. The media wanted oblunder in. They did not vet him. they went on the color of his skin. If the media had done its job and was responsible it would have vetted him properly I doubt he would have been elected.
The topic is oblunder not W or cheney. I undestand its hard for lefties to let go of their hate for W but lets try to stay on topic.

Best Answer

Fakes Noise, Rash Slimebull, and many other bloviators got plenty of air play during the election. They consider themselves as "the media," don't they?
Also, Fakes Noise claims a MUCH larger audience than other media.
I do not hate President Bush. I do not hate anyone. But I read a great deal of hate for President Obama on this website--hate that seems out of all proportion to the issues at hand.

Best Answer

Fakes Noise, Rash Slimebull,
"I do not hate anyone"
LOL yea right, STFU actions speak louder then words.

Best Answer

Have you noticed that Sununu and John Goodman look like they could be twin brothers, separated at birth? ;-)

Best Answer

Hey wait, come to think of it, has anyone actually ever seen those two in the same room?

Best Answer

Listen buddy, you're right that we liberals have no love (to put it very mildly) for George W., but that's because of his policies, which were an all-out attack on the middle class and the environment. We do not, however, hate him as a person or because of his skin color. (I happen to be white, by the way.) Can you honestly say the same regarging your feelings about Mr. Obama?

Best Answer

nice try at Alinskies rules for radicals attack. # 7 Tactics sub section 5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."
so thanks for lifting your skirts high enough to show your true colors.

Best Answer

Ok skippy you want to do the race gig sure. I am American of Mexican descent. I voted for Alan Keys when he ran for president. So save me the sanctimonious holier than thou bullshit. I didn’t bring up his skin color you did ya douche. I could give two ***** about the color of someone’s skin. Its what they DO that matters to me. Oblunder is a total failure. And as far as your comment about the left not hating W as a person. What a total flat lie. How many signs are there that say KILL BUSH? Bush = hitler. So go practice your mental ************ on trying to pretend to be open minded on someone else. Cause your full of bullshit.

Best Answer

Ditto Madeline Albright and Walter Mondale. Seriously.

Best Answer

You voted for Alan Keys? That speaks volumes.

Best Answer

You rednecks are all the same. Go back to your cross-burning.

Best Answer

romney endorsed by lech walsea..ur an idiot...by the way it wasn't Reagan that brought down Communism..it was people like Lech Walsea

Best Answer

oblunder?..seriously?....lol...you're a tool!...cheney that facist dog?..seriously? can i water board you?

Best Answer

The Muppets !!!

Best Answer

hey now, don't be dissing the muppets! :O

Best Answer

My apologies to all Muppet fans !!!!

Best Answer

He should keep his ***** mouth shut!

Best Answer

Problem is that even when he tries to keep from making a fool of himself, his buddy Donald Trump goes off on a delusional rant making things even tougher for Mitt.

Best Answer

He's doomed.

Best Answer

Look, he really is an extremely brilliant dude, he just had that one little character flaw where he couldn't control his physical passions. But with Clinton, the economy boomed! Look where it's at now...

Best Answer

Well, maybe Clinton couldn't control his horndog inclinations, but the economy boomed under him (as well as Monica L., but that's another story ;-) ) There's gotta be some way we could bring him back!

Best Answer

Maybe Clinton couldn't control himself with the babes, but the economy was booming under him! (Also Monica L. &amp; others, but that's a different story, heh heh)

Best Answer

Romney has many thoughts... Just none of his own, that's why he can't keep track of them

Best Answer

to tell the truth I am also.....I do know he believes in free enterprise, marriage and the morman faith but after that it gets a bit muddled. Most of the problem has been he hasn't actually stood up and defined himself and he is allowing others to do that for him....What I'm really baffled by is all the people that are still for Obama when it is clear what he is and what he stands for..But I guess some people will believe anything they are told without actually checking the facts.......Anyone will be better then him in office(even mickey mouse)....

Best Answer

Romney stands for the rich

Best Answer

My thought is that he is a greedy racist snob and he needs a good ol fashioned passionate *** whoopin, this country will be very bad off with this guy in office no wonder your baffled the guy contradicts himself constantly sometimes even in the same breath

Best Answer

Dunno. A mitt is usually a fist or a ba<x>seball glove and the rest of his life is about avoiding tax. What else does he do except just lie?

Best Answer

What 0bama has done for me a retired worker, Three years with no COLA for social security, and when they finally did give us a increase ( just in time for the election -duh ) they took it all away in increased medicare premiums. Three years ago $50 would buy my groceries for a month, now it buys them for a week if I'm lucky and find stuff on sale. in the last 3 1/2 years the price of gas has doubled and now hovers around $4 a gallon. We are saddled with a horrendously expensive health care law that will increase the cost to patients and decrease the quality of care. Thanks to runaway uncontrolled spending we have a 16 trillion debt. a constant 8% + unemployment rate even with 0bama's fudged numbers. 0bama's justice department supplied guns to Mexican drug cartels that have killed over 100,000 Mexicans and a few US law enforcement agents. 0bama refuses to enforce US immigration laws and favors illegal immigration over legal immigration. The list goes on and on, 0bama is a disaster for the US.

Best Answer

Excuse me, I seem to have lost you somewhere -- how did the justice dept. supply guns to the Mexican drug lords? In any case, the Republicans seem to be the ones most adamantly opposed to gun control, although quite frankly I am disappointed with the Democrats also, on that issue. I mean, does an ordinary citizen really need assault weapons just for self-defense? As for healthcare, it is morally wrong that the poor should be held hostage to exorbitant healthcare premiums so they have to either do without healthcare or go hungry. Mr. Obama is trying to do something about that because he has some compassion for those people, unlike you and your fellow Republican hard-liners.

Best Answer