sky12345 sky12345 18-21, M 15 Answers Jun 25 in Politics

Yes there are some contradictions in the bible....So what ??? It's a book with an older view and a newer view ( by design) It's a book with many authors, translated many times, from many languages....If you're not religous, not a believer simply say so and we'll understand your point better...

Best Answer

I am not religious but my guess would be that life contradicts itself and the bible has reflected that also.

Best Answer

I disagree. I think the reason for it is it was written by multiple humans, and many aspects have been changed, or just permanently expunged from the text in order to conform to the ideas of biggest guy in the room's opinion.

Best Answer

You may be right :) your theory makes sense also.

Best Answer

Yeah.. not sure on that. I thin people just believe what they want to believe regardless of facts.

Best Answer

its suppose to be the word of god. who are you to say that god to stick to what he said. But the thing is. Hebrew and English couldn't be farther apart. many words translate to the same thing. Ill look up the book that retranslate the whole bible. you should read it.

Best Answer

That would be pretty cool.

Best Answer

the man the wrote the book was on coast to coast am a few weeks ago. i dont really remember a lot from it nor the book. But it clears a bit of that up.

Best Answer

Do you know how many Bibles were re-written and changed?The KJV is the closest version to the original though there are many things missing from it also!No matter,do you think God wouldn't know and if He knew,do you think He wouldn't reach out to you anyhow?God IS God....PERIOD!!!!It's mankind you have to question!!!!!

Best Answer

2500 factual errors and contradictions in the bible have been cataloged. It's a book written by a people who, by their own admission, spent forty years making a nineteen-day walk through the desert.

Best Answer

Anyone who is ob<x>jective must admit that there are contradictions in it. Only blind people claim there are none. I don't know yet how to resolve this, but blinding yourself is no solution.

Best Answer

How am I blinding myself?

Best Answer

Are you blinding yourself? There are claerly contradictions, and refusing to admit it doesn't help anyone.

Best Answer

category is politics, not religion.

Best Answer

There are many contradictions, as well as many tenets we don't dare follow today, such as animal sacrifice and stoning. The Bible was written over thousands of years by many, many authors. While it may not be the infallible word of God, it is very useful as a history and a historical perspective on human development of religion, politics, social mores and so much more.

Best Answer

There are no contradictions.

Best Answer

Only blind people could claim that there are no contradictions.

Best Answer

1alwaysdreaming, There are contradictions in the very fist book. http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html

Best Answer

Very few "believers" have ever read the bible with a fresh eye or open mind. They follow religion because they blindly accepted someone's version of the myth. To find the bible less than perfect would under-mind what they have blindly followed and ba<x>sed much of their lives on. .... a truly harsh awakening to harsh reality.

Best Answer

There are libraries full of works studying the Bible. I don't know which contradictions you are referring to, but there are many learned people who attempt or have attempted to explain them. The more you learn, the more there is to learn. Researching what has been done already might be helpful to you.

Best Answer

There are crude apologists who feebly deny that there are any contradictions. This poor method doesn't help anyone.

Best Answer

There are many addressing the contradictions. Research is not a poor method of gaining understanding, especially when there is so much available for study.

Best Answer

Sadly, there are many who address the contradictions poorly and in an overly-contrived way, e.g. Josh McDowell and Lee Strobel. Real Research looks thoroughly at both sides of issues, not just sources biased one way or the other.

Best Answer

None so blind, as thoughs who will not see.

Best Answer

Non-answer.

Best Answer

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Best Answer

You must be reading it the wrong way lol

Best Answer

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Bible, but I just don't see why people are trying to base life off of it when that is utterly impossible.

Best Answer

Maybe you should get a bible teacher or something
https://bible.org/seriespage/are-there-contradictions-gospels

Best Answer

No, I feel as though that would bring a great amount of bias, because that person is just going to tell me that God is perfect, He wrote the Bible, therefore the Bible is perfect. Then I'm just back to square one.

Best Answer

God IS perfect.

Best Answer

You see I get that, but God also claims He is jealous, and vengeful. How is that perfection?

Best Answer

It's not the same way we think about it ^_^ When humans have those feelings, bad things happen. But those are not bad qualities with God. Humans exhibit imperfection in nearly everything they do.

Best Answer

I feel as though we are going to reach an impasse here because sadly I was raised much differently. I must question everything that is presented to me. And I just cannot believe that God is perfect, because perfection is overrated, and subjective. To me perfection is found within imperfection. God is imperfect therefore He is perfect. And if God really wants me to stop questioning what He says all the time, then He should take away my free will because it won't happen. I am a stubborn being, and will not rest until it makes sense to me.

Best Answer

I understand. Humans today cannot quite understand perfection, for we have never been perfect, and in this lifetime, we never can be. But we can get a general idea of what it is like. ^_^ God would never be so cruel as to take your free will. He wants you to keep searching for the answers through studying the bible, which takes a lifetime of continuity as well as developing a relationship with him.

Best Answer

But what if I never agree with Him? What if I ask questions until the day I die? Shall I be damned? To experience Heaven must one just blindly submit to God's word? Or shall those who were never fully convinced still have the privilege to learn the answers from Him?

Best Answer

Why would you be "damned" for that? Where would he "damn" you to for asking questions? There's no literal hell. Asking questions is not a sin. And heaven is not some place floating in the sky. Also, God doesn't want mindless sheep to serve him. He wants you to serve him of your own doing. Most people struggle with their personal relationship with him and their belief in him throughout their life until they learn the truths within the bible. It's not uncommon, and he understands that. His goal is not to punish you. He gives everyone an equal chance to learn about him.

Best Answer

Well that definitely puts my mind at ease lol.

Best Answer

I'm glad.

Best Answer

Are you saying..." I love the bible, but I can't see basing my life on it's teachings".....?????????????

Best Answer

The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible [Kindle Edition] http://amzn.to/1v4d5Vz

Best Answer

some people will believe anything authorities (such as parents) tell them

Best Answer