We have been married for 16 years and almost all of them have been unhappy. My son is 16 years old and, don't ask me why, we are getting ready to adopt another 8 year old boy, his mom abandoned him. I have always wanted to be there for my son and not be a part time dad, that is why I have stuck it out. In the mean time, I have really tried to make the best of my marriage but little has changed. I am torn between upholding my vows and responsibilities to my son, and soon to be adopted son, and really wanting out of this marriage.
Moonshine1226 Moonshine1226 36-40, M 8 Answers Jun 20, 2013 in Parenting & Family

When your not happy how do expect kids to be happy. They sense everything your suppose set an example of what a healthy relationship is. But it sounds like yours is not healthy especially when unhappy. Sorry your going through this but if you know deep down there will be no change then time to make a change yourself. You can still be a parent.

Best Answer

The kid(s) will pick up on your unhappiness, and you wouldn't be doing anyone (including yourself) any favors by staying. If you know in your heart you have given it your best, then it's time to move on. Sorry to hear you are struggling with this...

Best Answer

Your son will ALWAYS be your son. Speaking from experience, especially at his age, he can see your unhappiness in the marriage.<br />
You have only one life and if you can't fix what you are in, probably time to end it. Not find another first, but just end it.<br />
In time you will meet another, be happy and your son will be happy for you!

Best Answer

cant you get out of the marriage and just see your sons more often?

Best Answer

Mitchell... inner voices are guides by angels. It will be a warm feel in your heart even though logic says no. Listen to them

Best Answer