I just started baking bread and its been turning out so far! the first few times it didnt rise but then i realized i wasnt adding enough yeast. the packets i use were 2 and 1/4 teaspoons and the recipes were calling for 2 and 1/4 TABLESPOONS so i messed up bad there. other than that i kinda cheat and use instant yeast.. ive tried the active dry but i dont have a thermometer yet and you have to let it sit there and proof for like 2 freakin hours, with instant yeast you can just mix it in the recipe like normal and just let it rise like the recipe says.. so id recommend instant yeast i think it tastes the same but i dont know im not that experienced. id say be sure to measure the yeast with the right measurement cause the measurements on the package havent been quite right for me. i even use like a 1/2 to 1 teaspoon extra yeast cause it doesnt hurt and just ensures that it will rise. and then when it comes to kneading the bread, be patient and actually knead it for the 10 or so minutes your supposed to. they have machines that do it for yuo but i do it by hand, and literally time like 10 minutes and keep kneading even if your sore, youll notice that the more and more you do it it gets smoother and more elasticy and doesnt stick to you, and itll get softer. and then the recipe will usually say cover it with a towel and set in a warm place for about an hour until doubled.. i put the oven on warm and stick it in there and it has worked good the past few times, just actually leave it there the whole hour, and even if it doesnt look the best you can take it out, make whatever shapes or loaf your making, and then let it keep sitting there for a while. youll notice it start getting puffier and itll be ready, i did this all to soft pretzels yesterday and they turned out perfect and fluffier than ever lol.

Best Answer

I can't even make a pizza without messing it up. So I am not your best resource here...

Best Answer

I bake all the time and different types of bread. Yes my bread is always wonderful but, I have been baking most of my life, I also do pies, cakes, cookies, etc.

Best Answer

so I feel that I should get it right next time, or the time after...I keep learning little things each time

Best Answer

who knows you follow the recipe and hope for the best, lol

Best Answer

I use to make homemade bread every weekend and it turned out great.

Best Answer

I think it is me...

Best Answer

Are you using fresh yeast?

Best Answer

the packets, not out of date yet, do you need to let it foam up or sit before putting in flour mix?

Best Answer

Yeah, usually you give it warm water an let it sit and once it's bubbly then you can add it to the flour mixture

Best Answer

might be the problem...I will try it one more time.

Best Answer

Good luck

Best Answer

Only banana bread.

Best Answer

I can do banana bread...and its goood

Best Answer

What problems are you having? I've done it a few times, with pretty good results. I'm going to get a baking stone soon, that's supposed to help it turn out better.

Best Answer

not rising as I think it should

Best Answer

Here's a good site that I used when starting, very helpful in the step-by-step process and more advanced techniques: http://www.thefreshloaf.com/lessons/yourfirstloaf

Best Answer

I used to bake bread twice a week, when my dad was still alive. He loved my bread. And the yeast is fine, once you get the hang of the timing and the kneading. I made great bread.

Best Answer

I am trying

Best Answer

Practice. That is all I can say. I think I ruined several batches before I got it right. Luckily, my parents were paying for the groceries at the time. I couldn't afford to throw food away like that now.

Best Answer

will check it out..thanks

Best Answer

yes and yes. Bread is one of the easiest things to bake. Just flour water yeast and eggs make a great bread. Make the dough divide it in half let it rise some then knead it some and let it rise. do same for each half and then place in pan and bake

Best Answer