friends and has a kind heart. I have known the family for years and when he was six, he experienced some bullying. At the time I thought it had got sorted but now I wonder. Today, I saw him and he seemed especially down. He said to me many a time "I am a fat and ugly boy.", he called himself stupid a few times and also said "Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here." I now dont know what to do. I dont get on that well with his mother but feel I cant let this go without saying something to her. She has mentioned a few times that he is a "drama" queen but it seems deeper then that? How should I approach this?
Jenni855 Jenni855 26-30, F 9 Answers Apr 4, 2012

Oh if this were my little boy, I would want to know Jenni. I would really want to know.

Best Answer

If you are not really close with his mom, the best thing you can do.. is each time you hear him say something like that ..hateful to himself.. tell him that he is a wonderful child. sometimes just having someone close who will support you and treat you with love.. helps. My heart breaks for this child. Make sure to give him positive re-enforcement each time you see him. Build him up the best you can.

Best Answer

Yes, I was saying to him today that he was amazing, clever and kind. I am always very caring and positive towards him.

Best Answer

that is awesome. that is what he needs someone to counteract what someone else is telling him.

Best Answer

Yikes, how sad, how sad, this is awful. Sounds like the mother is completely self-centered and will never take care of this child properly. Awful, just awful. This child needs help desperately. It isn't sensitive to react to being hurt by bullies and by that unfeeling woman. Anyone else in the family bright enough to see what is happening? I don't know what to recommend. I'd say the school counselor but they leave a lot to be desired as well. I wish I hadn't read this, my mental state is quite fragile right now.

Best Answer

If the mother won't become involved you can't do a thing- and she sounds like she can't be bothered. You can try to enlist her but I doubt it will be of any help- after all she lives with him- she certainly should see her own son's pain by now. And this seems not to be denial but rather she just doesn't care. Just be sweet whne you are near him

Best Answer

He told me he doesn't tell her though OR she is just labelling him as a drama queen without really knowing what is truly going on. I guess I do need to speak to her to find out her perspective on this.

Best Answer

poor kid

Best Answer

The only thing you really can do is the next time he says that is to tell him that's bullshit and whatever crackhead is telling him that is a flipping moron... other then that it's not really up to you to do anything, this world is **** and if his mother has already labeled him as a "Drama Queen" then he will eventually grow up to hate the *****, maybe he'll even kill her and make the word a little better for it.

Best Answer

before deciding what to do , first you need to know if he just overreacting ""only trying to get attention"" or it is true ?<br />
there is must be a reason behind his behavior ..friends maybe ? family treating him so bad ? ..etc...<br />
if so , try to cheer him up , what r the things that makes him happy ? say nice words to him and let him feel he is important , let him get a hobby or anything interesting he can do good at it <br />
don't worry so much about him , try ur best and that should be enough<br />
Good luck

Best Answer

I will always worry about him, I have known his family for years.
You may have a point with the over-reacting. I guess his comments just worry me as even if he is doing it for attention, that needs to be addressed as well.

Best Answer

ok , and i wish u find the good way to help him..

Best Answer

oh my goodness that is a hard question cause your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't , just tell her your concern and see where it takes of from that,(pooor little boy)

Best Answer