This was at an Apple computer store, and the sales person was the greeter at the door. I told him to his face that the ring in his lip distracted me from having any serious conversation about computers with him and that I wanted to speak with somebody else. Somebody who looks like a fruitcake should not be allowed to personify an upscale, retail store like Apple. It reflects poorly on the entire company.
dskdw25q9n dskdw25q9n 61-65, M 14 Answers Jan 1, 2013 in Tattoos & Piercings

And just by reading that, I instantly knew you were over 50 years of age. Times are changing. Get with the program.

Best Answer

If you want to earn more than minimum wage, and unless you are a rock star; you better think more like somebody who is "over 50".

Best Answer

Ages? Verrrrry few young ones in this city are smarter than to go along with some middle america fad that's going to backfire on them in the career field. Get with reality and what works and what doesn't.

Best Answer

That's not true anymore. Company's are starting to care less about tattoos and piercings. Though it still is an issue with some. But as long as they shower, shave, and maintain their hair, why should the other stuff matter?

Best Answer

It matters a lot, if you personify a company as the person who interacts with the public. But if you are in a back room, doing computer programming where nobody sees you, then it doesn't matter.

Best Answer

You are a judgemental piece of sh!t.

Best Answer

Doesn't matter. It is my money, and I choose who to give it to. And a sales person who intentionally looks like a fruitcake won't get one dime in commission from me.

Best Answer

You sound like my father. Luckily he's no longer on this earth, and soon the world will be rid of you too.

Best Answer

You will be my age yourself in the blink of an eye because I remember clearly when I was yours. Time flies fast enough, as is. Don't wish for time to go any faster.

Best Answer

Blah blah blah.. I say stupid ****.

Best Answer

Love your post! ;) <3

Best Answer

Thank you, Rapture.

Best Answer

Lol she was talking to me.

Best Answer

No she wasn't. Rapture was talking to me.

Best Answer

I'm her friend, I asked her.

Best Answer

If you are her friend, then introduce me to her. Rapture is pretty. Tell her that if she has Apple computers for sale, then I will give her my business.

Best Answer

For the record... I loved what Keith said.

Best Answer

Best Answer

You and I should be best friends, anyway. No harm done.

Best Answer

Face piercings (or other body parts) aren't for me, but to each his or her own. Apparently, the person who hired this salesperson didn't care about the piercing, nor did they think it would affect his performance or he wouldn't have hired him. Your attitude is a throwback to the 60s. I'm sorry you can't grow beyond your prejudices.

Now, not all 20-somethings are going to have piercings like that, but they are becoming more and more mainstream, so you had better get used to it, especially if you are going to shop at a store that caters to 20- and 30-somethings, as the Apple stores do.

Best Answer

His manager did not necessarily know about the piercing. How the employee appeared at his job interview may have differed from how he looked when I met him. A ring on his lip could be attached or removed in seconds; and by the time that I had left the store, he had removed it.

Best Answer

Piercings, however, always leave marks. So, unless the manager was blind, he would have been able to tell if the salesperson had one. Also, unless the manager never shows up when that salesperson was working, he would see it then.
To what do you attribute him removing the ring?

Best Answer

I said something to his face. Apparently as an afterthought, he agreed with me. There is a time and a place for everything. A huge ring piercing your lip might be passable for a night out on the town, but not when you are the main greeter at the entrance of a store.

Best Answer

I think I am a pretty understanding person who respects others opinions. I'm sure you feel the same... So I hope you'll understand when I say you are a piece of ****. (And if I get "EP punished") it was totally worth it, so let me also say, **** You!! ;) Happy New Year *******.

Best Answer

Your profile photo depicts you as being very pretty. Thank you for the attention.

Best Answer

While lip piercings are not exactly high on my list of personal appearance enhancements, I doubt that it would have an impact on my dealings with this person if he was courteous, helpful and knowledgeable. While I remember a time when such adornments would have been considered beyond the pale, I also realize (sometimes with sadness) that those times are long gone, particularly in an industry which is geared towards people younger than ourselves. Times change.

Best Answer

I agree with you on most points. Normally, I am very tolerant. But understand one thing. I was there. You weren't. I saw the sales person. You didn't. His lip piercing looked more bizarre than anything that I have ever seen. It was a very unusual situation.

Best Answer

Um. Ok. But did the ring actual remove IQ at all? IDK. One of the think-tank folks at the non-profit I worked for had seriously long dread-locks. Someone else said something similar to her. I felt strongly compelled to stand in front of her and be her defense. The researcher dude didn't know that it was part of her religious expression and even after she told him, he wasn't buying it. I found that frustrating. This woman is shockingly intelligent. She sees both the big picture and the minutiae. That aside, her dreads were beautiful and she always smelled like heaven; the fact that she always brought amazing food to all our power-planning sessions didn't hurt at all. In short... what I'm asking is, did you know anything else about the guy except that he had a piercing that didn't impress you?

"Signs signs, every where the signs, blocking up the scenery breaking my mind; do this don't do that can't you read the siiiiiigggnnnnn........"

Best Answer

Your mind wanders. Nothing you said has anything to do with the topic.

Best Answer

hahahahahah!!!!!! Wow. That says more about you than me.

Best Answer

Blocked. Bye.

Best Answer

Good job! They need to hear that.

Best Answer

ouch.

Best Answer

lol,

Well done.

Best Answer

I like piercings, but not on faces. A lip or eyebrow piercing looks bad and I wouldn't employ someone who has one.

Best Answer

Thank you. It is a major distraction to a customer who is trying to have a serious discussion, when the sales person whom the customer is talking to has a ridiculous ring piercing his lip.

Best Answer

I agree!

Best Answer