So I broke up with my boyfriend a week ago because he is still immature in a lot of ways and he has no job. I did tell him that maybe in the future we have a chance. But I still broke up with him. The only problem is, he texts me almost every day still and his texts to me are like when we were together... Except now he doesn't call me nicknames, but he acts really friendly and includes my name in his texts.. I don't know if this means anything but I'm just confused... I was hoping that this would motivate him to go apply for a job or something, but he isn't applying. It makes me angry that he would tell me how important I am to him but yet he's not fighting for the relationship. Texting me everyday isn't exactly "fighting" for the relationship... I don't know what I'm supposed to do, it makes me angry when we text because I hate small talk.
poohbell2009 poohbell2009 18-21, F 13 Answers Nov 1, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Tell him that you can't be with someone that isn't motivated for the future. Also, say it makes you uncomfortable when he texts you all the time and he's not trying to find work. It makes you feel bad that he doesn't like you enough to fight for you... So please don't write words... Because actions are what you need, otherwise, please leave alone because it makes me feel bad.......... Hey, do you have a job and are just trying to get your ex to be responsible?

Best Answer

Yes, I have a job. I work three or four times a week, go to class, do community service, go to the gym, and study very hard. He, on the other hand, just goes to class and hangs out with his friends and wishes that classes were easier. He says that all the time, that he wishes classes will be easier so that he can just get A's without trying. I asked him, what's the fun in not applying yourself and getting the grade handed to you? I don't understand that mindset.

Best Answer

Then most likely you're not compatible with each other. You're motivated and have a drive to succeed and better yourself. Whereas, he's content with where he's at and doesn't have the excellent motivation or want for success. Eventually, you'll leave him in the dust! It's better that you broke up with him already. This relationship wouldn't have worked in the long term. If he was so into you he would have taken your advice and tried harder. Some people don't have a drive and would rather do nothing or very little. It's great that you have motivation. Find someone that has the character traits that you admire and not someone that wants everything to be easy. If talking to him is making you uncomfortable, chat with him less or tell him that it isn't working out and you can't keep pretending that it's working if he doesn't want to try harder.

Best Answer

He still wants you as a part of his life and doesn't want to let go.......however since he's immature he's not trying to get you back the right way (by applying for a job)

Best Answer

You already asked this. If he's still reaching out he still cares. If you don't like it and you're done, change your number. There is zero to be confused about here.

Best Answer

Ask him what he wants straight and up forward, but first tell him what you want set your feelings about the situation on the table and then see what happens.

Best Answer

Sprinkling your name like that in messages and texts or during phone calls is a psychological technique, whether he knows he's using it or not. Addressing you by name is very personal, and when he uses it a lot, it's to make you feel closer. Salespeople do it to make you feel comfortable with them. My husband only spent a few years with his dad growing up, but his dad does it constantly (calling him son too) when he wants to make him feel guilty or ask for money or bad mouth me (he doesn't know me or us, we've only met twice, he just generally hates women).

And I've been in this exact situation before and made the mistake of not severing myself from him more fully. I tried to sit down and tell him that if we're broken up, we should act like it, but that didn't work for me. Just ignore his texts and do your own life. Don't tell him what you're up to, do lots of things without him, and generally do the things a single person does. He's not a part of your life anymore, so just start living like that's true.

Best Answer

We don't have to miss someone who really likes you.

Best Answer

I already undid the spell go away

Best Answer

re strain ing ORDER

Best Answer

For texting and she didn't say not to? Very dumb.

Best Answer

the guy sounds like a cling on, those turn into if i can't have you no one can, today is a weird time for love.

Best Answer