He is bipolar and manic depressive. He wont talk to me and tells me to leave him the f... alone or get away from him. Is this normal for bipolar depressed people?
BuddysMommy BuddysMommy 41-45, F 8 Answers Jul 24, 2012

Not necessarily. I'm bipolar but not abusive to people I love. When I'm depressed I may withdraw, but affection usually makes me feel better.

Best Answer

It sounds like your husband might have a lot of stress factors (not that you don't). No job, family issues, bipolar disorder. I myself have bipolar disorder and have taken meds for it for years. I know that when I am under stress, it can trigger my mood swings even when I am on meds. Do you think he would consider getting some counseling? A psychologist is reasonably priced and can help him work through some of these stresses. I would also recommend not trying to talk with him about problems when he is angry. With me, it only fuels the fire. Talk when you are both calm. I think there may be support groups for spouses of bipolars. Google it or ask the counselor for info. I have actually asked my husband to help me monitor my moods because it isn't always easy to see for yourself. Be aware that bipolar mood swings can become dangerous, especially if he isn't on meds currently. Best wishes to you & your husband.

Best Answer

Tell him to mind his own dam business its your dog you feed what you dang well want to!!!

Best Answer

He is controlling. When I go against him he either gives me the silent treatment or threatens suicide.

Best Answer

tell him to go for it!!!

Best Answer

That sucks. I would tell him to **** off and not speak to HIM for treating you like that.

Best Answer

I tell myself I'm not going to talk yo him but I lose my willpower and do. We live near his family and I have no one around. I don't get out to meet people and make friends beside he has an adult son who was ts his mom and dad to get back together and my husband says he doesn't want is running into his son cause he might start trouble. So all we've done in the 7 months I've been here is go shopping (grocery) and go to job interviews (30 min away in another town).

Best Answer

Yeah that's bout normal...You are living a dogs life my friend

Best Answer

How about you feed HIM to the dog?

Best Answer