People become very uncomfortable when tragic things happen. Some people handle the overload of such heinous behavior by trying to be comical. It is easier for them to deal with laughter than tears. If they cry it is then deemed acceptable to cry from excessive laughter than to cry from pain of loss. Extremely inappropriate to make jokes about it? Yes, very much so but people deal with pain, shock and loss differently.

Best Answer

well said.

Best Answer

applauds Wildly......

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Not all that surprising - many lack compassion and are divorced from reality.

Best Answer

What kind of sick world? The one of our own creation of course. I'd say these days American society makes the McCarthy era look positively sane.

Best Answer

I agree. It is sick. It's also sick because much larger numbers of people are murdered and mistreated every day. But just because this was done in mass at one place, it receives much more attention.

Best Answer

EP won't even let you make jokes about it.....I posted something about looking for a full body armor with popcorn and large coke holders on them, but they didn't post it. I'm just sick.

Best Answer

I haven't heard any jokes either, but comedy is a coping mechanism for some. And as unseemly as it often is, it is entirely necessary. Just ignore them if they bother you.

Best Answer

you just realize that? there are more sick and disgusting thing in this word that will leave you speechless...i live in Los Angeles and there are sick things going on here specially in my neighborhood...

Best Answer

I heard all the victims also get to meet the batman cast. Mainly Heath Ledger.

Best Answer

Welcome to EP. I seen a few make screwed up jokes about it on here. "People have their own way of dealing with it"? I think the lack of compassion with such "humor" is absolutely vile. <br />
S.W.

Best Answer

Yeah we'll ignore the one you just made a few minutes ago loser.

Best Answer

Respectfully, if it's the post I saw I didn't think he was trying to be funny. Batman has been a hero to many children and under any other circumstances the actor going to comfort the children would be a wonderful, healing thing to do.

Best Answer

I wasn't trying to be funny. I was thinking of healing the children. Perhaps it is too soon. I apologize to anyone that was offended by my post. It wasn't meant in any way to be a some sort of sick joke. I was merely thinking of those poor kids. Again, I most humbly apologize for any bad emotions I might have stirred up. It wasn't meant that way.

Best Answer

I apologize. I clearly was the one who managed to misconstrue your post. I honestly thought you were making a bad joke. Sorry bout that . :-)

Best Answer

You are correct. I managed to completely misconstrue his post and feel like an idiot. It wasn't the fist time and it won't be the last. :-) I have since apologized.

Best Answer

I can't believe some idiot called himself the joker and shot a bunch of people. what. a. *******. idiot.

Best Answer

Some things defy humor

Best Answer

Thank you Bear. I agree with you. It is a tragedy of terrible proportions. I feel sick over it.

Best Answer

What jokes? I haven't heard any

Best Answer