ranmafan ranmafan 26-30, M 16 Answers Sep 30, 2012 in Education

Disagree about xray tech. That was my job for 13 years and no matter what environment I worked in (private dr's office/hospital) it was high stress. Real patient care is a thing of the past...it is all about the bottom line. I was told by my last manager to "get 'em in and get 'em out"<br />
There is one job I think would be perfect for me and low stress. Also great money and you will be in demand. Home health care as an Occupational Therapist. Pretty much make your own schedule...work full or pt...go into the office and deal with managers and co-workers once a week. Perfection...well close...it is work after all :)<br />
But if you are passionate about helping people AND actually receiving some gratitude (other than a check) for your work...it works :)<br />
I am grateful to have been forced into very early "retirement" A long story......<br />
I wish I had a forum like this to ask that same question 17 years ago...hope it helps you!! Make sure your gut tells you it is the right occupation for you..never do ANYTHING just for the money. It is basically selling your soul and will lead to lots of misery (and therapy) ;)<br />
Oh and "learning to deal with stress better" is easier said than done. Why take a high stress job, which takes up so much of your life, when there are plenty of occupations that do fit with your personality? Why make life harder when it is so hard at times already? If you can make money doing something you are passionate about, you will never dread getting out of bed!

Best Answer

Low stress jobs require the least human interaction - that's the criteria you need to resolve

Best Answer

Please give some examples..

Best Answer

MAYBE you need to learn how to handle stress better<br />
read "Dont stress the small stuff"

Best Answer

Philosophy.

Best Answer

May seem a bit odd but: The funeral business. Lots of cash to be had and really no stress they are all dead you would just have to put up with the family's and use their stress to your advantage. So would you would want little Timmy in a sterling coffin correct?

Best Answer

If you like gardening, I'd recommend something in horticulture.

Best Answer

Walmart Greeting

Best Answer

Quantum physics. Its a doddle matey.

Best Answer

toilet attendant

Best Answer

i dont think any jobs are low stress

Best Answer