Brody1530 Brody1530 22-25, F 5 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Community

Try watching a boring documentary. :S

Best Answer

Homo habilis is a species of the genus Homo, which lived from approximately 2.33 to 1.4 million years ago, during the Gelasian Pleistocene period. The discovery and desc<x>ription of this species is credited to both Mary and Louis Leakey, who found fossils in Tanzania, East Africa, between 1962 and 1964. Homo habilis was the earliest known species of the genus Homo until May 2010, when H. gautengensis was proposed by Darren Curnoe, a species theorized to be even older than H. habilis.<br />
In its appearance and morphology, H. habilis is the least similar to modern humans of all species in the genus (except possibly H. rudolfensis). H. habilis was short and had disproportionately long arms compared to modern humans; however, it had a less protruding face than the australopithecines from which it is thought to have descended. H. habilis had a cranial capacity slightly less than half of the size of modern humans. Despite the ape-like morphology of the bodies, H. habilis remains are often accompanied by primitive stone tools (e.g. Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania and Lake Turkana, Kenya).<br />
Homo habilis has often been thought to be the ancestor of the more gracile and sophisticated Homo ergaster, which in turn gave rise to the more human-appearing species, Homo erectus. Debates continue over whether H. habilis is a direct human ancestor, and whether all of the known fossils are properly attributed to the species. Some paleoanthropologists regard the taxon as invalid, made up of fossil specimens of Australopithecus and Homo. In 2007, new findings suggested that H. habilis and H. erectus coexisted and may be separate lineages from a common ancestor instead of H. erectus being descended from H. habilis.<br />
in all honesty i find this stuff quite fascinating but once its being told to you in lecture its real easy to find yourself drifting off to sleep .... mary had a little lamb, whose fleece was white as snow

Best Answer

Omg lol thank you, this is perfect! I'll be asleep in no time if i try reading this xD

Best Answer

sigh no respect for anthropology

Best Answer

I once wrote a 10 page essay on anthropology.. i BSed it all and got an A.. i don't even know half the crap i wrote about lol

Best Answer

lol... so, how's the weather? It's snowing here, and I got this great new push shovel...

Best Answer

Lol tell me all about this great shovel

Best Answer

OMG, it was the best deal. Made in China, but that hardly explains the $7 price tag. It has a heavy steel blade and a tubular steel push handle, a plated iron axle, and plastic wheels.

Best Answer

ANYway... it came with a little stamped-out wrench, which was completely unworkable with the included lock-nuts. This, I conclude, is why the distributor felt compelled to discount the item. I mean, I've paid $8 or $12 for a regular plastic scoop shovel -- but that comes assembled.

Best Answer

Now, I have all sorts of wrenches: combination, adjustable, sockets... even a couple of the more innovative designs. The box end of the combination wrenches got me far, once I figured out it was metric and quickly re-learned how to use it in combination with a Philips screwdriver on the head of the bolt. (Take up the free travel with the screwdriver, then torque the wrench to break the nylon "cherry" and secure the nut.)

Best Answer

But attaching the wheels would have been pretty difficult for most people. It was sort of recessed in the wheel so that it won't ding your ankles, but completely free moving so the wheels will spin easily. For that, I had to use a socket and the closed wrench... well, I guess I could have used two sockets, but I already had the combination wrench out for the earlier assembly.

Best Answer

SO, I was able to torque both cap nuts simultaneously, but I'd like to see someone do that with an adjustable wrench and that stupid flat thing that came in the box. Even though I'm not a mechanic or anything, being a tool hoarder really pays off occasionally. (Yawn.) What kind of shovel are you using?

Best Answer

Let me tell you about my lif..ZZZZZZZZ

Best Answer

lol yes, do go on xD

Best Answer