uncles threw me off a pier when i was five, once i got over the im drowning part the swimming instinct kicked in

Best Answer

Learned when I was about 4, swimming coach at the public pool taught me...ended up on the competing in swim meets. Wow...that was sooo long ago. I feel OLD....

Best Answer

i learnt to swim automatically while playing in a creek near our town. leter on i began eexpert swimmmer and diver

Best Answer

I was about 4 when I started to swim without assistance. My dad would take me swimming regularly, as he was getting into the shallow end I would run to the deep end and jump in, so all you would see was my dad swimming as fast as he could to get there before I drowned. Eventually I just started doing it on my own, it was a natural thing. Just try getting in the water and getting a feel for how buoyant you are and it will most likely come naturally, you can keep your head above water and use your arms to pull you forward and just start walking in water as you get more comfortable you can begin using your legs to kick as well.

Best Answer

Took classes when I was 12. Fail. Didn't really learn till college. Took a class. Most patient instructor ever.

Best Answer

I can only doggy paddle above water (lol). I'm pretty good at swimming UNDER it though assuming I have contacts and goggles on.

Best Answer

I can swim ever well. My grandfather taught me when I was about 6.

Best Answer

Pushed in. People are somewhat buoyant, it shouldn't be something to fear, unless you thrash. Start with treading water, then mimic the strokes people make.

Best Answer

yep i learned last summer after i moved here!

Best Answer