Keers Keers 26-30, F 9 Answers Oct 18, 2012 in Health

The only time I ever coughed up blood was when I got ran over by the tractor, I don't think its normal

Best Answer

How on earth could that be normal? Hope you're joking.

Best Answer

No, I am not joking... I have a face cloth full of blood right now cause I keep coughing into it... I said it's not normal many times but different doctors have done tests on me and came back with nothing serious.

Best Answer

OK, I suppose they're the experts. It just sounds worrisome.

Best Answer

Probably best to get second opinion

Best Answer

That isn't normal. You need to see a different doctor.

Best Answer

Had plenty of Doctors, my family doctor and the ER doctors tell me it was normal because of my lungs being inflamed from my coughing. Its been happening for 10 years now if it was really that serious I would probably be dead I think?

Best Answer

Disturbing.

Best Answer

Depends of the colour of your blood. If its a bright red, kinda like the colour if you ***** yourself. Then its nothing to worry about. As you could be just breaking surface capillaries when your coughing. If its dark....then it is something more serious as it means its coming up from your esophagus which could mean stomach problems like ulcers etc.

Best Answer

Exactly what they have said lol... although it is dark red and I soak rags with it, but I have had tests done and nothing has shown up in ultrasounds or X-rays. So they say that whole surface capillaries is what is must be.

Best Answer

I would go to a different doctor..if its dark and that much something is going on. I was told by my friend who is doctor about the kind of colour blood to worry about when your coughing it up. He said dark is something is up. light dont worry about it.

Best Answer

Well I don't feel any pain other then the annoying coughing keeping me awake when I'm sick... And this has been going on for YEARS.. I think I'm a medical mystery sometimes lol.

Best Answer

My brother smokes a lot of pot, and does the same thing

Best Answer

I've never done pot or smoked anything of that matter..

Best Answer

I would get it checked out, that would be scary.Good luck to you:)

Best Answer

Yikes! Sounds frightening!

Best Answer