I was always like this. I feel someones pain suffering etc. very deeply like if it was my own burden and often it makes me feel chaotic at times draining. I don't try to fix ppls problems. Examples you can be a complete stranger and stand in front of me in line I can feel if your in pain or going thru hard times. I wouldn't know what your problems are but I feel like im feeling it and it makes me uncomfortable because honestly I wana just give that person a hug lol. So how ik im right I'll make short convo or light polite touching of their hand and 85%of time I get this reply or reactions, a thank you, for some reason I feel like I know you and then they'll name places or ppl they think they know me from, or I get a warm smile from a face that looked so worried or sad earlier. Ik it sounds like BS and weird it is to me too but it's real. Wonder if anyone else feels this way and what the hell is it?
suyga777 suyga777 36-40, F 9 Answers Dec 2, 2013 in EP

I feel when people are sad but that is as far as it goes you sound like you may be a empath and it is a possability you are caring and very sweet so I beileive you

Best Answer

Believe me? So you doubted lol im crazy coo coo for co co puffs lmao jk

Best Answer

I have the more I try the more it's overwhelming. For some reason. The mall? Lol girl let me tell you lol that is the most unhealthy place to be it needs empathy lmao I find train stations, subways, shelters where I volunteer at is too much. Overwhelming.

Best Answer

Thank girlunderfire, hugs hugs hugs lol

Best Answer

Lol it's torture! I say!

Best Answer

Do your. 16 personality test on the internet it tells you exactly who you are

Best Answer

No lol no test is going to tell me who I am lol last time I did that it said I was a potential serial rapist lol

Best Answer

Can I have your phone number so can do that to me again

Best Answer

I think we could be related

I am exactly the same way

I knew I <3'd you for a reason!

Best Answer

Ikr!! We click instantly lmao <3 hugs

Best Answer

exactly! :)

Best Answer

:) we need help! Lol

Best Answer

no we don't
we need a spa day! lol :)

Best Answer

To an extreme, I used to be. Still feel this way for the most helpless of us. It feels as though I'm experiencing what they were going through. I dealt with it by compartmentalizing everyone. If you weren't the most helpless of us, I rationalized the individual had the ability to resurrect themselves from whatever plagued them...and likely caused their own plight. Children and the eldest among us, often the most helpless; I still feel.

Best Answer

Im like this with everyone lol smh

Best Answer

as i learned, that can be very detrimental to you. you can be easily used and taken advantage of by those who appear to be the victim, but in actuality are where they are because they victimized others...you just don't know them. careful...

Best Answer

No it's not true. I sense rage anger too just ppl who aren't right. But if I chose to take them in I do. I been thru it all. Im a very strong woman. It may be best for you because you know yourself. It doesn't work for me honey. I've tried it that way. I feel if someone has never experienced love trust or is bitter what reward is in that to push them aside? By loving caring for someone who doesn't have those traits in themselves might just might help them. It's easy to be empathetic and loving to those who "deserve" it but what about the people who don't deserve it so to speak or is bitter angry manipulative. Im not saying take them in and adopt them bake cakes im saying for me loving empathy to all kinds is needed. If it changes only one out of a million that hurt me then it was worth it.

Best Answer

to each their own...i prefer to invest my energies in those who don't create their unfortunate circumstances. you've just a greater capacity for sympathy than I...I hope whatever it is you sense within others doesn't malfunction.

Best Answer

You're in touch with the universe, and since we are all part of it, you see more clearly what many are unaware of. I'm sensitive to these things too, although not nearly as sensitive as you. It's not BS.

Best Answer

Interesting ty

Best Answer

I feel the same way, too, but I am a bit more cautious than you about whom I approach...It is being involved in mankind...

Forgive me for waxing poetic, but this poem says it all:

No man is an island,

Entire of itself,

Every man is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less.

As well as if a promontory were.

As well as if a manor of thy friend's

Or of thine own were:

Any man's death diminishes me,

Because I am involved in mankind,

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

It tolls for thee.

John Donne

Best Answer

I sense to who I should be cautious of too as well. I feel others anger, rage, confusion. Honestly not to be ignorant I don't want to feel empathy all the time. Im not being cold but it makes me feel helpless that I can't help them. And I can't lol I can't say it's going to be ok to a stranger when example they go home and a woman gets her face punched by her husband because she brought the wrong kind of bread home. Wth she'll punch me in my face lol

Best Answer

We can only help people who want help and even then, they have to take steps to help themselves. Young children always liked me, especially little girls and in the 70s there was no problem. These days times are different and I cant be as outgoing and friendly with them unless I know their parents. Also, now that I'm older I have to be cautious especially with young women. AA is a very huggy feely type of program but some men carry it too far. I try to help everybody because that is what we do, but with all women, I only offer my hand until they offer me a hug...

Best Answer

I understand that I put in my comment I don't try to fix ppls problems I say love all ppl empathy for all

Best Answer

Yes, i love all people because we are all gods children but that doesnt mean I have to like everybody. Those i dont like I dont have much to do with but if they asked me for my help I would give it willingly and lovingly,...

Best Answer

You are not alone in this. Embracing a little apathy will save your sanity.

Best Answer

Thank you! Finally another person feels like this too! I'm so empathetic that if someone tells me their problem ill start bawling and ill feel all there pain like it was happening to me. Even if its a stranger. It's so weird I don't know what's wrong with me!:D

Best Answer

I wanna fking hug you sighs relief lol im same way dammit lol. That's why I try to act hard but I got a soft asz lol and heart

Best Answer

I wanna hug you too lol:) and I try to act hard as hell just to cover up all my emotions but when I get home or I'm alone all of it just comes flooding out! The anger, sadness, grief, all of it. And I don't know how to turn it off! It's so overwhelming sometimes!

Best Answer

Because in this fkd up world we have to be tough protect ourselves but we aren't built like that. So we get angry irritable agitated sad because we have to pretend and it's fking exhausting as fk lol so when we get home we let it out lmaooo. I use to be like that honey. We can't be fake, for me it's so much easier to love so much free to show compassion and just love dammit lol I be like love me I love you what's the problem? Lol to me it's not hard. It's so effortless and goddammit it's easy lol

Best Answer

PREACH! Lol:) I know what you mean! When I love people, I love them the way that I'd want to be loved by somebody else. I give them all of myself. All of the compassion, warmth, understanding and its all unconditional. But sadly not everyone in the world is like that so I do have to protect myself sometimes by being hard. But I try to surround myself with people like me so we all can just be one big EMPATHETIC HOT MESS lmao:)

Best Answer