... who suggested it. If I lived somewhere without free healthcare I would get insurance but the place I've been living (Australia) gave me healthcare and I honestly thought if I moved back to my home country (UK) they would treat me but they refuse because they consider me to be a non-resident. I can't move to Aus because I have no money. UK will treat heaps of people but not me as they say the surgery is not urgent but I can't live for the rest of my life without being able to use my arm. I really did feel hopeless but this girl suggested a fundraiser and that's an idea so instead of ways to kill myself I will ask if anyone has any other ideas for how to get the surgery I need. Thankyou.
sunnygirls2 sunnygirls2 26-30, F 7 Answers Dec 30, 2012 in Health

and by doing a fundraiser it is really good to go to your local community and have people do a bake off or a yard sale fundraising event for you. It doesn't cost you anything to start up and it is through the contribution of a lot of people, which makes it easier to get more fund. <br />
all the best,<br />
-A.

Best Answer

Thankyou

Best Answer

Every Sunday go stand in front of a new church with flyers.

Best Answer

Thanks, good idea!

Best Answer

That's great.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I guess with hindsight it's a shame you didn't have the problem addressed in Australia before you moved but at least you have found an alternative way forward now. Good luck with the fundraising.

Best Answer

Yes well the thing is firstly they won't do the surgery straight away, secondly I had no idea the UK wouldn't treat me, and thirdly I had no money to support myself in Aus and at least here I have free rent and food. Thanks for the support

Best Answer

I don't know if that was me but it does sound near exact to what I said to someone earlier. Are you that same person?

Best Answer

probably, I don't remember who it was but I'm guessing it was you so thanks

Best Answer